Mirrored visor?

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Re: Mirrored visor?

Post by raYzerman »

bill lumberg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:42 am I wish Shoei would make a transitions shield for the Neotec 2. It’s really what I need for routine use.
Me too, I'd like to try one. Not sure if the Neotec2 shield is same as original Neotec... but I bought a gradient shield for the Neotec... very slight tint at the bottom gradually darkening slightly at the upper part. OK to ride at night if you crack the shield open a couple notches. Don't know if you can get them any more.....
Also wish the Neotec had a somewhat lighter tint to the sunvisor part... the one on my AGV was noticeably lighter and you could see better, yet sun was shaded enough.
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

Since there was a long-standing restriction on selling mirrored shields for the Neotec II (in the US), I’ve hoped that, with that restriction being dropped by Shoei, that we’d see a transitions become available. No dice yet.
Abercrombie FJR wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:07 am
bill lumberg wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:42 am I wish Shoei would make a transitions shield for the Neotec 2. It’s really what I need for routine use.
The Shoei transition shield is a game changer on my RF1200 and I love not having to pack a second clear shield for after dark. The transition doesn't get supper dark but I've never been riding down the road thinking it wasn't dark enough. I also wish that shoei made the transition sheild for my Hornet X2 adventure helmet.
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

Well I got the mirrored visor today...guess I'll find out if it will work at night.
BikerGeek and wheatonFJR loved this
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
chazglenn3
Casual Rider
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A

Post by chazglenn3 »

I've been told that Transitions lenses will not darken behind clear visors. I have a Shoei Neotec and it has the factory visor with the Pinloc insert and my Transitions darken just fine. I wonder if it is because I bought the Transitions XTRActive lenses. They even get dark on completely overcast days.
El Toro Joe loved this