Old member

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
TNPlates
Squid
FJRModel: 2016

Old member

Post by TNPlates »

I’ve been around here for awhile under the user name kieefjr and for whatever reason after I changed my email address a while back I basically got disconnected.
Anyway I ended up re-registering, which is cool with me, I’m not a big poster like many others.

I recently got a deal on a PR5 rear tire and was wondering how the PR5 front tire mileage compares to other front tires for the heavy front end FJR?
I’ve mixed tires before with no adverse effects and would like to get the most mileage out of the front without going to a rock hard Marathon or similar.
Just curious of your thoughts, search’s have been done btw but I might have missed a few.

Cheers
Hppants loved this
FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Re: Old member

Post by FJRoss »

Welcome back.

I have never cared much for any Michelin front tire. Seems to me they get that horrible trapezoidal shape and handle like crap for the last half of their life. I have had pretty good luck with Dunlop Roadsmart 3's (front and rear). Wear well and keep a reasonable shape throughout their lifetime. Pretty fair price as well. There is a Roadsmart 4 out but more expensive - have not tried it yet. My next set is Bridgestone T32 - got a great deal on a set last year but currently finishing my RS3.

BTW, I think Michelin is just calling those Road 5. Dropped the "Pilot" for some reason.
TNPlates loved this
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Re: Old member

Post by extrememarine »

If you want me to update the "Kieefjr" account with your new email address, pm me with the new email and I'll update your profile.

Wayne
TNPlates wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 5:59 pm I’ve been around here for awhile under the user name kieefjr and for whatever reason after I changed my email address a while back I basically got disconnected.
Anyway I ended up re-registering, which is cool with me, I’m not a big poster like many others.

I recently got a deal on a PR5 rear tire and was wondering how the PR5 front tire mileage compares to other front tires for the heavy front end FJR?
I’ve mixed tires before with no adverse effects and would like to get the most mileage out of the front without going to a rock hard Marathon or similar.
Just curious of your thoughts, search’s have been done btw but I might have missed a few.

Cheers
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere