Update - new subforum - memorials and memories

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Update - new subforum - memorials and memories

Post by extrememarine »

With the passing of Ray (FJRay), a couple members contacted me about setting up a memorial post or wall for him here. There's a few conversations happening in the background right now, but what is shaping up would look like this:
  • new subforum created in the public area of the site - so non-members (friends, family, etc) could view
  • For each post, I will reserve post one as a place to consolidate the pictures and comments, stories, and fond memories shared about Ray (in this case)
  • I would harvest pictures from the hosting platform and rehost them internally to avoid any issues with losing pictures should the OP change their hosting plan / source in the future.
  • I can host any pictures internally if them are sent to me via email (for those who may not have a hosting plan or place to share them from
  • I would ask that the thread be kept on topic - sharing of your stores / memories only - no cross talk or other distrating banter that distracts from the intent of the thread- there are plenty of other places for that on this forum and others.
I'm open to suggests / comments for this project here - please help make it something we can all enjoy.

Thanks,

Wayne
Steel_Gin, Redfish, CraigRegs and 11 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Intech
I'm Not Back
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015

Re: Update - new subforum - memorials and memories

Post by Intech »

Great idea!
RIP BeemerDonS JSNS
RIP Petey
RIP jwilly
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Thanks Wayne!
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Thanks for considering it Wayne.
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

This evening, I will work on the behind the scenes setup. Once that is done, I'll start a post for Ray(FJRay) and copy the pictures from the other thread. Once there's an obituary published, it would be nice to like to that as well or even include it in the body of post one.

As I think through this, it would be nice to also build one for Petey and Beemerdon as well.

Wayne
Steel_Gin, Redfish, CraigRegs and 6 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST

Post by Tyler »

extrememarine wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:12 pm This evening, I will work on the behind the scenes setup. Once that is done, I'll start a post for Ray(FJRay) and copy the pictures from the other thread. Once there's an obituary published, it would be nice to like to that as well or even include it in the body of post one.

As I think through this, it would be nice to also build one for Petey and Beemerdon as well.

Wayne
Great idea/s, Wayne... not 100% sure if you need to put everything in the first post as it will give folks something to look forward to in seeing the new posts... plus I don't think updating the first post shows up in the Unread Posts list afaik so people wouldn't know there were new things to see/read. ;)
Uncle Hud, raYzerman, jwilly and 1 others loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous