Windshield bolt missing

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Windshield bolt missing

Post by danh600 »

I still have the stock windshield on my 2013. It works fine for me. While cleaning the bike yesterday I noticed the top left bolt was missing. From what I can see the other three are still on there. Don't notice it while riding.

I have never had those covers off the front windshield. Number 4 on the picture.

Do they just pry off?

I want to take it off and see just what is missing. Or hopefully something just came loose and is still in there.

Another question - Where is the best place to get Yamaha parts online now?
griff
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Re: Windshield bolt missing

Post by griff »

There is an allen head bolt at the bottom of the trim piece. Easiest way to get it is to run the windshield all the way down and then you can see the bolt underneath. Take it out, gently pull up the bottom of the trim piece and push it up on the windshield. Trim piece should come off. There are six plastic screws holding the windshield on. I guess you're talking about the 4 bolts holding the windshield frame on? Lots place to git this, Partzilla, Rocky Mountain ATV, etc. I'm sure others will chime in. Might even be able to get that bolt at Ace.
LKLD, danh600, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
Intech
I'm Not Back
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015

Post by Intech »

The windshield screws are covered by the trim piece. As Ray said, take the Allen screw out. the trim piece has a little shoulder on the bit that goes through the windshield, so you do have to push it up to slide it out. Be gentle as they are fairly fragile.
danh600 loved this
RIP BeemerDonS JSNS
RIP Petey
RIP jwilly
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Intech wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:00 am The windshield screws are covered by the trim piece. As Ray GRIFF said, take the Allen screw out. the trim piece has a little shoulder on the bit that goes through the windshield, so you do have to push it up to slide it out. Be gentle as they are fairly fragile.
FIXED.
El Toro Joe loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

Thanks guys.