New Shield Offering

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Re: New Shield Offering

Post by bill lumberg »

Yes sir, I got the tall one. Two inches shorter than the Yamaha touring. We shall see if their claim to put clean air over the helmet holds true. Every bike/rider equation is different. I’m happy with the touring, but it’ll be fun to try something brand new.
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
Toter
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR 1300 ES "Renee", 2014 BMW R1200 GS "Sascha", 2021 BMW R1250GS Rallye, 2016 DRZ 400S (Bush Piglet)

Post by Toter »

bill lumberg wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 4:05 pm Yes sir, I got the tall one. Two inches shorter than the Yamaha touring. We shall see if their claim to put clean air over the helmet holds true. Every bike/rider equation is different. I’m happy with the touring, but it’ll be fun to try something brand new.
So, what's the verdict on the new Aeroflow screen?
I spent most of my money on guns, motorcycles, women, and whiskey. The rest I just wasted!
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

It’s good up to about 85mph, really well designed. I think it’d be good at any speed with stock bars. But I run helis, and I puts the top of my helmet above the pocket of this shield. I’ve adapted a little. A little more forward lean, screen slightly below the all-the-way-up position. It whomped me pretty bad at speed at first, but I think I’ve subconsciously adapted a little, found a sweet spot for higher speeds. It was always great below the speed limit.

I like it. From about eyebrows down, the cockpit is quiet like a Cee Bailey. I’d prefer a slightly taller one for distance.

Rumor has it Aeroflow is about to test a prototype that is slightly taller, to accommodate the veritable plethora of fjr riders that have risers of some sort.

Depending upon schedules and initial impressions, there may even be a prototype in the Peking lot at EOM. That’s what I heard, anyway.
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES