New member here just stopping in to say howdy..

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
Puc
Squid
FJRModel: 1983 Yamaha Venture, named "Tweeks", 2001 R1 named "Maggie"

New member here just stopping in to say howdy..

Post by Puc »

I am in Muskegon Mi, my name is Scott but I am also known as "Puc". I bought a trigger group for a 10/22 from a member here recently, we got talking motorcycles, one thing led to another and BINGO I find myself here. I started my bike addiction back in 1960 in Kindergarten when I got in trouble for drawing Choppers - my rebel life was born and it never left me :zombwobb:. My early years were filled with hours of riding/repairing my 1958 Sears 2 speed (still have it in my basement) which led to years of conquering Michigans single track/dirt system conquering all of our CCT trails and most of the MX tracks associated with those early days (health finally kicked me off the dirt/racing which I miss very much). I also got involved with making the Sturgis Rally on one of my Choppers in those early days. Got married and found myself criss crossing America with one of my kids in tow while my precious wife of 40 years stayed home and took care of the other 3. My kids and I wore out 4 of the 83/84 Yamaha Ventures in the process. When the kids left one by one to chase dreams of their own, my wife started touring with me and we are now wearing out our 6th 83 Yamaha Venture with a total lifetime journey on the Ventures of over 1 million miles covering the lower 48 and some of Canada. Regretfully I have never owned an FJR but, when cancer kicked me off touring on a bike mode I did pick up an R1 to fulfill part of my bucket list :mrgreen:. I have been reading some of your forums tales and journeys and enjoying them greatly. THANK YOU for accepting my application to the site here!
Puc
LKLD, FJRPittsburgh, kieefjr and 6 others loved this
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2024 BMW R1300 GS

Re: New member here just stopping in to say howdy..

Post by CollingsBob »

Welcome!
Puc loved this
Bust
Veteran
FJRModel: 68' Schwinn Stingray

Post by Bust »

Welcome from Owosso, home of the best damned tech day this side of Shiawassee River! Design Flaw here lives over there in the Muskegon.

Plenty of perverts and deviants Fencer, Wheaton, Clocklaw ..... here so watch your back. ;)
FJRPittsburgh and Puc loved this
You ever see a grown man naked Billy?
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

Puc - hello and welcome - Let me know when that trigger group gets to you!

Wayne
Uncle Hud and Puc loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
FastPappy
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 AE

Post by FastPappy »

Welcome from the Big Apple. I'm sure you'll love being part of the forum. I've just been through my one year check up since the end of my treatment and so far I'm winning. Good luck with your battle and enjoy that R1. :mrgreen:
Puc loved this
Pappy 09AE
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

extrememarine wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:31 pm Puc - hello and welcome - Let me know when that trigger group gets to you!

Wayne
Roger that Wayne!! By the way, I did not figure out your "ExtremeMarine" name till I joined on here,, I thought it had something to do with you maybe running a Marina or something :roll: ,, MY BAD!! THANK YOU SIR FOR SERVING MY FRIEND!! Not sure if this works in this forum but will try it = @extrememarine ,,, does the site here support video linking to utube and do you allow such folly? I have a couple vids of me playing on "Maggie" my R1 that I would LOVE to share with a poster above :lol: .. Also THANK YOU ALL for the warm welcome!! Very very nice home you folks have here,, I will try not to mess it up!! Puc

:bowdown: TODAY IS THE DAY
Cav47, wheatonFJR, and Bust loved this
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

The name stuck after someone (JWilly) took this picture of my substandard riding skills...

Yes - the software we're running does support inserting and displaying youtube videos - see the screen shots below.
Puc wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:28 pm does the site here support video linking to utube and do you allow such folly? I have a couple vids of me playing on "Maggie" my R1 that I would LOVE to share with a poster above :lol:
Posting videos:

On the youtube video page, click the "share" button and copy the URL/link text.

In your forum post (using the full editor), click on the "Youtube" button highlighted in yellow in the image below. It will insert the youtube short code brackets. Paste the link in and remove this portion of the text: "https://youtu.be/" leaving just the unique video portion of the text - "aolGszn6Ltw"

The result will be this:

:)

FJRPittsburgh, Puc, wheatonFJR and 2 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Welcome Puc from the Gulf Coast. My friends call me Pants. it's a term of endearment with a story best told over a beverage (or five). Remind me to tell you about it one day.

I simply LOVE it when a new member tells us about his/her journey to get here. Thank you for that. Those 80s venture bikes were very nice, and if you truly wore them out, then I have no doubt you have been here and there, and probably have plenty of memories about it.

I hope our paths cross one day. If so, the first round is most assuredly on me.
Puc loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

extrememarine wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 am The name stuck after someone (JWilly) took this picture of my substandard riding skills...

Yes - the software we're running does support inserting and displaying youtube videos - see the screen shots below.
Puc wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:28 pm does the site here support video linking to utube and do you allow such folly? I have a couple vids of me playing on "Maggie" my R1 that I would LOVE to share with a poster above :lol:
Posting videos:

In your forum post (using the full editor), click on the "Youtube" button highlighted in yellow in the image below. It will insert the youtube short code brackets. Paste the link in and remove this portion of the text: "https://youtu.be/" leaving just the unique video portion of the text - "aolGszn6Ltw"

The result will be this:

ROCK AND ROLL BROTHER!! Now the name Extreme Marine FITS,,, definitely not much room left on that FJR lean angle for chicken strips were there :stickpoke: :lol: !! Thanks for the how to on the vids!! I will give it a shot here shortly! Thank you again Wayne for inviting me to this party!!
Bust loved this
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Welcome from the Land of Lincoln, home of the worst roads and incarcerated former Governors. We always appreciate new members. Frequent here and attend a meet-up. The forum and community here has done immeasurable good for so many of us. From getting us through the Pandemic(marginal sanity not withstanding), Saving money on gear, with tech days, and vast knowledge of home fixes. This place is in cyberspace is only eclipsed in awesomeness by the relationships developed with some real friends.
Bust and Puc loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

FastPappy wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:57 pm Welcome from the Big Apple. I'm sure you'll love being part of the forum. I've just been through my one year check up since the end of my treatment and so far I'm winning. Good luck with your battle and enjoy that R1. :mrgreen:
And howdy right back at cha Pappy from Michigan! Wayne gave me the what for on the vids and you drew the lucky straw of being my beta tester :twisted: . Ohh lucky you :mrgreen: ..
When they found the fist sized tumor in my abdomen and told me I had to go in NOW (was one of those 50/50 deals) I looked at the Oncologist and said "bucket list time eh?". He said yes and my wife and I looked at each other and said, in unison, R1 TIME! Short time later, after surgery, I found her (Maggie my R1). Shortly after that, to boost my spirits a friend sent me his Superman Jammers with a dare to wear them at the coming Sturgis Rally that he knew would be my last one.. Here is a video of Maggie and I playing Superman on a SUPER BIKE:

another of us getting ready to head out on Tweeks:

and another one of Maggie and I out finding out who would back down first (I did, we ended up at 176 on the gps in 5th this day!) :nhlfight: :

Think I may have found the secret to doing battle with life threating situations Pappy,, DONT EVER QUIT LIVING LARGE - DONT EVER GIVE UP!!! Puc .. Now lets see if Waynes way worked.. EDIT,, 1st try didnt work,, lets try this.. BINGO!!! Thanks Wayne!!
Last edited by Puc on Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bust loved this
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

Puc wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:48 pm ...Maggie and I playing Superman on a SUPER BIKE:

https://youtu.be/qfcw6R6WeOo

https://youtu.be/cUbnq-nbZOU

and another one of Maggie and I out finding out who would back down first (I did, we ended up at 176 on the gps in 5th this day!)

https://youtu.be/NZLt_IrN54s...
Umm, after seeing that I have to wonder just how dangerous it would be for Puc to meet up with Bust :lol:
Cav47 and Puc loved this
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

ionbeam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:53 pm
Puc wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:48 pm ...Maggie and I playing Superman on a SUPER BIKE:

and another one of Maggie and I out finding out who would back down first (I did, we ended up at 176 on the gps in 5th this day!)

Umm, after seeing that I have to wonder just how dangerous it would be for Puc to meet up with Bust :lol:
I like Busts LOL
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Puc wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:00 pm

I like Busts LOL
Sir, you have no idea what you are saying. And if you continue, you could find yourself pushed near a cliff with a grown ass man buck naked behind you commanding you to bleat like a ewe.
Bust and Puc loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

ionbeam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:53 pm Umm, after seeing that I have to wonder just how dangerous it would be for Puc to meet up with Bust :lol:
I like Busts LOL
Well, uh, in this case the Bust is BustanutJoker. He is the feller on the left fondling Dolly Da Sheep on the gas tank of the FJR.

Edit: I see Cav47 was posting the gist of it while I was typing.
Bust, Puc, and Cav47 loved this
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

Cav47 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:15 pm

I like Busts LOL
Sir, you have no idea what you are saying. And if you continue, you could find yourself pushed near a cliff with a grown ass man buck naked behind you commanding you to bleat like a ewe.
:mrgreen: :lol: :D
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

ionbeam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:15 pm
ionbeam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:53 pm Umm, after seeing that I have to wonder just how dangerous it would be for Puc to meet up with Bust :lol:
I like Busts LOL
Well, uh, in this case the Bust is BustanutJoker. He is the feller on the left fondling Dolly Da Sheep on the gas tank of the FJR.

I was going to give my deepest appologies to Bust but now that I see that picture I think it would be better served to offer to that poor sheepskin :mrgreen: .. :mrgreen:
mi_pjk loved this
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

Puc wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:39 pm
ionbeam wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 3:15 pm

I like Busts LOL

I was going to give my deepest appologies to Bust but now that I see that picture I think it would be better served to offer to that poor sheepskin on Dolly :mrgreen: .. :mrgreen:
Puc
Squid

Post by Puc »

extrememarine wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 9:55 am The name stuck after someone (JWilly) took this picture of my substandard riding skills...

Posting videos:

The result will be this:

That trigger group arrived today safe and sound Wayne, PERFECT! Thank you Sir!
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 A, 2008 AE has been sold.

Post by FJRPittsburgh »

Welcome from the Pittsburgh, PA area Puc. Nice to have you aboard. You made the decision to join this crazy bunch. I'm not saying that it was a great idea, but I do look forward to meeting you at one of our stellar events. Pray for Spring!
2013 Yamaha FJR1300A
2013 Honda CRF250 L
2018 Yamaha FZ-07
2019 Yamaha Tracer 900 GT