The Official 2019 Calendar Contest

Sub-Forum to hold the annual FJRiders.com calendar contest threads.
DesignFlaw06
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006 FJR1300A

Re: The Official 2019 Calendar Contest

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

bungie4 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am Weirdest thing. My calendar at work is stuck on April. Go figger.
That's weird. I just realized I missed the entire month of April because mine was stuck on March.
TimDog!
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

DesignFlaw06 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:41 am
bungie4 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 11:06 am Weirdest thing. My calendar at work is stuck on April. Go figger.
That's weird. I just realized I missed the entire month of April because mine was stuck on March.
I think they shipped some defective calendars.

I tried flipping to May, its a Tyler picture. At a place I'm gonna visit in Sept. So long April!
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007

Post by 1911 »

Another month closer to October :)
Hppants and wheatonFJR loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Amen, Duane.

I figure about 8 more weeks of sauna here, and things should start to improve.

I won't wait that long, mind you. Next month I'm heading toward you.

With a red motorcycle under me.
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Veteran
FJRModel: 2007

Post by 1911 »

OCTOBER 😀
Hppants, Uncle Hud, and wheatonFJR loved this
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

I did roll that over yesterday and was blessed with the beautiful image of your 07 Black Cherry. Makes me want to head out right now!
1911, Hppants, and wheatonFJR loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Cav47 wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:48 pm I did roll that over yesterday and was blessed with the beautiful image of your 07 Black Cherry. Makes me want to head out right now!
I'm getting cold just looking at that snow on the mountains. Brrrrrr.
1911 loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
DesignFlaw06
Veteran

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

Hoping to have time to get the site ready for the 2020 calendar this weekend. I'll make a new thread when we start it up. Start going through your photos!
Hppants and Auburn loved this
TimDog!
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Interesting work story:

For two or three months now, my FJR calendar at work has mysteriously flipped its page on its own! About the 3rd or 4th day of the month, I'd glance at the calendar and realize that its on the new month, and I didn't flip it.

Never gave it much thought.

I get to work at about 6:30 am. Sometimes at that time I meet the custodian in the hallway and we exchange pleasantries, in so far as one can do that early in the morning. She's a very nice lady a little older than I am. Got a couple of grandchildren she is proud of. She does excellent work at her job, and quite frankly, although I've never told her or anyone else, I think the world of her. I'm very impressed at how she can take pride in her work, despite her co-workers or even her supervision. Her work has her name on it, and that is more important than anything else. Truly, someone I can relate to.

But I digress....

This morning, I walk through the open door in my office, and the custodian is flipping the page on my calendar, starring at Duane's wonderful picture. I bid her good morning and she looked startled. Looked like she was caught doing something questionable. I could see she was perhaps worried that I caught her "touching my things". Immediately, I asked her if she liked the picture. She told me that she looks very forward to seeing the new picture every month. She likes the scenery and dreams about where it might be and what it might be like to go there. Obviously, a lady of her means must be selective in her vacation choices.

We had a wonderful conversation about the calendar. I told her all about you knuckleheads and our brotherhood/sisterhood. We reminisced about the back calendars, which I keep behind the current one. Admittedly, sometimes when work is stressing me, I close the door, spread out the calendars on my desk, and day dream a bit.

I told Ms. Mary that she was more than welcome to flip the calendar page from here on out.

Sometimes, the things we do have consequences that we don't even realize.
Tyler, 1911, NTXFJR and 6 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

Ms. Mary needs a calendar of her own next year.
I would like to be part of that.
Hppants, CraigRegs, Auburn and 2 others loved this
DesignFlaw06
Veteran

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

Hppants wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 am I told Ms. Mary that she was more than welcome to flip the calendar page from here on out.

Geesh pants, way to put the pressure on me for next year's calendar!
Hppants, wheatonFJR, and Cav47 loved this
TimDog!
Auburn
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006

Post by Auburn »

Hppants wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:37 am Interesting work story:

For two or three months now, my FJR calendar at work has mysteriously flipped its page on its own! About the 3rd or 4th day of the month, I'd glance at the calendar and realize that its on the new month, and I didn't flip it.

Never gave it much thought.

I get to work at about 6:30 am. Sometimes at that time I meet the custodian in the hallway and we exchange pleasantries, in so far as one can do that early in the morning. She's a very nice lady a little older than I am. Got a couple of grandchildren she is proud of. She does excellent work at her job, and quite frankly, although I've never told her or anyone else, I think the world of her. I'm very impressed at how she can take pride in her work, despite her co-workers or even her supervision. Her work has her name on it, and that is more important than anything else. Truly, someone I can relate to.

But I digress....

This morning, I walk through the open door in my office, and the custodian is flipping the page on my calendar, starring at Duane's wonderful picture. I bid her good morning and she looked startled. Looked like she was caught doing something questionable. I could see she was perhaps worried that I caught her "touching my things". Immediately, I asked her if she liked the picture. She told me that she looks very forward to seeing the new picture every month. She likes the scenery and dreams about where it might be and what it might be like to go there. Obviously, a lady of her means must be selective in her vacation choices.

We had a wonderful conversation about the calendar. I told her all about you knuckleheads and our brotherhood/sisterhood. We reminisced about the back calendars, which I keep behind the current one. Admittedly, sometimes when work is stressing me, I close the door, spread out the calendars on my desk, and day dream a bit.

I told Ms. Mary that she was more than welcome to flip the calendar page from here on out.

The cleaning lady at my work does the same thing (she is the owner's mother - a very nice lady too). I purposefully don't turn the page and let her do it because she enjoys looking at the scenery too.
Hppants loved this
get out and ride! IBA #54706
Auburn
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006

Post by Auburn »

Welcome to November FJR's lined up with Denali in full sunshine. It was a beautiful day in May
Uncle Hud, wheatonFJR, Hppants and 1 others loved this
get out and ride! IBA #54706