What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR »

FJRoss wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:58 pm
bill lumberg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:49 pm Fed it. Replaced the temp tag with the official one.

Are you going to paint those city bags or leave them flat black? To me, they don't look awful but do look out of place...
I dunno. To me they look like they are ready for battle!

Sweet!Looking bike!
bill lumberg loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

No intention of painting them. The ones on my BMW were flat black as well, so they don’t really bother me. I quite like them.
bill lumberg wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:49 pm Fed it. Replaced the temp tag with the official one.

Are you going to paint those city bags or leave them flat black? To me, they don't look awful but do look out of place...
wheatonFJR loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

bill lumberg wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:35 am No intention of painting them. The ones on my BMW were flat black as well, so they don’t really bother me. I quite like them.

I like all the black with the blue. Even some black mufflers would look good.

I was undecided about the matte blue until I saw yours with the black accessories. Then I was sold.

Looks good on the shiny blue one too.
wheatonFJR loved this
Canadian FJR
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018 FJR-1300ES, 2010 Ural Gear Up, 2003
Yamaha FJR-1300, 2001 Kawasaki KLR-650 (Gone to a new home), 1997 Suzuki TL-1000s (Gone but not forgotten), 1976 Honda 400 Four, 1968 Honda C-50 Step-thru

Post by Canadian FJR »

Matching blue side covers. Nice

Canadian FJR
bill lumberg loved this
Hack
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by Hack »

'Took it out riding aimlessly 'round... 'Ended up at a friend of mines gun shop where I purchased a carton of small pistol primers... Ensuing heart attack due to the 5x price increase over the LAST time I bough such passed without a visit to the ER.
Continued to roam... and three hours later arrived back home.

'Later this evening... Throttle body sync.
It had been about 12000 kms since I last did it.

Invoked dashboard Jesus for overwatch while I removed/replaced the rubber nipple caps/springs...
bill lumberg, Hppants, escapefjrtist and 1 others loved this
FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Post by FJRoss »

Hack wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:41 pm

How far off was the TBS? I rarely bother with it unless I have done something like a valve adjustment or messed with throttle bodies. (2011 Gen II). Even then. I don't notice much difference afterwards.
Last edited by FJRoss on Fri May 06, 2022 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Hoser! :lol: :lol: :lol:
rbentnail
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007A, 2013A

Post by rbentnail »

Put my new registration sticker on. I'm legal again!
Bust and wheatonFJR loved this
Hack
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by Hack »

FJRoss wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:57 pm
Hack wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 10:41 pm

How far off was the TBS? I rarely bother with it unless I have done something like a valve adjustment or messed with throttle bodies. (2011 Gen II). Even then. I don't notice much difference afterwards.
I'd say perhaps 10%... 'Hard to read those bars bouncing up and down...
#2 was the most noticeably one out of sync, but 3 and 4 also needed a little adjustment to come in line with the master...
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

Washed them both. Swapped the floorboards over to the new bike. Went to swap the heat/air pump leads to the battery of the new bike, and lo and behold, the dealer had already installed a fused lead during uncrating/initial setup. (SAE, but I already have a coax adapter) How cool is that?

So I installed one additional lead, because I like to have two.

Later, FedEx delivered my bag “pucks”. Yamaha f-d up and deleted them from their program, relegating them to an accessory. The dealer, even though the bike doesn’t have (the supposed-to-be-included) bags yet, did not hesitate to order a set of pucks- despite it not being their omission. They declined to charge me for them.

Later, because my schedule is crazy right now, I called and asked if they would please ship them, if I paid for shipping.

I was told that Parts would have to call me, and asked if I was okay with that. I said sure.

Two minutes later, the parts manager called, said they had all my info, and they were shipping them at no charge, just not to worry about it.

Those pucks arrived today. So now I can have bags on the “old” bike and the new bike at the same time.

Good customer service and communication from Mountain Motorsports, Mall of Georgia, for sure. Props to Juan Reyes, his partner Eric, and whomever I spoke to in their parts department. In this day and age, for them to work together and rush me what was, essentially, corporate Yamaha’s problem, was pretty cool. I have had far worse treatment from other motorcycle dealerships, for sure.

Ride safe.
Last edited by bill lumberg on Sat May 07, 2022 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BikerGeek, D-Eagle, Hppants and 5 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
danh600
Veteran

Post by danh600 »

Rode my FJR about 8 miles so I could put it in my trailer. Taking it to NC from FL.
Why trailer? Well, I have two bikes and a truck to get up there this trip.
Hppants, BkerChuck, gixxerjasen and 2 others loved this
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

If we don’t tear some shit up this summer, I will be truly confounded. Dead serious.

Also dead serious- if you need any help at the new place- and I can fit it into my schedule- let me know. I’ll be happy to get the exercise.
danh600 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:25 pm Rode my FJR about 8 miles so I could put it in my trailer. Taking it to NC from FL.
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
danh600
Veteran

Post by danh600 »

bill lumberg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:29 pm If we don’t tear some shit up this summer, I will be truly confounded. Dead serious.

Also dead serious- if you need any help at the new place- and I can fit it into my schedule- call or text me. I’ll be happy to get the exercise.
danh600 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:25 pm Rode my FJR about 8 miles so I could put it in my trailer. Taking it to NC from FL.
Lucky enough the house is basically move in ready. PO actually took good care of the place. Small house so I have to add some kind of out building for my stuff. That will take a little time this summer. Wife seems to have claimed the whole house and garage.
It will not get in my way of riding this summer. I rode more when working than since I have retired. That will change soon.
The only problem is I am a little too far east for really good day rides. So I am thinking some camping at TWO and in places around WNC will fix that. Then I will be close for day rides.
While the new house is not in the heart of the best riding, it will be better than Florida. :lol:

Plus, I hear Pants is renting a house in NGA. This summer. I have been known to show up at Chez Pants at a moments notice.
Hppants, gixxerjasen, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

I used to camp and hike into remote areas as a regular pursuit. I stopped.

I’ve been looking for a nudge to get back into it. TWO might be the crutch. Hell- Wheaton comes over and rides TN/GA/NC like it’s nothing. You can’t be that far over.
danh600 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:44 pm
bill lumberg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:29 pm If we don’t tear some shit up this summer, I will be truly confounded. Dead serious.

Also dead serious- if you need any help at the new place- and I can fit it into my schedule- call or text me. I’ll be happy to get the exercise.
Lucky enough the house is basically move in ready. PO actually took good care of the place. Small house so I have to add some kind of out building for my stuff. That will take a little time this summer. Wife seems to have claimed the whole house and garage.
It will not get in my way of riding this summer. I rode more when working than since I have retired. That will change soon.
The only problem is I am a little too far east for really good day rides. So I am thinking some camping at TWO and in places around WNC will fix that. Then I will be close for day rides.
While the new house is not in the heart of the best riding, it will be better than Florida. :lol:

Plus, I hear Pants is renting a house in NGA. This summer. I have been known to show up at Chez Pants at a moments notice.
wheatonFJR loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
danh600
Veteran

Post by danh600 »

bill lumberg wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:58 pm I used to camp and hike into remote areas as a regular pursuit. I stopped.

I’ve been looking for a nudge to get back into it. TWO might be the crutch. Hell- Wheaton comes over and rides TN/GA/NC like it’s nothing. You can’t be that far over.
danh600 wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 6:44 pm

2.5 hours from Weaty. It's not the miles. Charlotte seems to be in the way of the good rides.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Dan,
I found the secret to getting there is to twist that throttle thingy long and hard until yer there.

Btw, I threw out my tank bag and many things in it today. Evidently a mouse decided to go in there and die awhile back. Unzipped the bag before going on a short ride with Junior and the smell of death spewed out of that bag. Looked inside and squirmy maggots everywhere. Saved my gps, something else, but threw away FJRiders cap, insulated gloves and glove liners. They all had juice of mouse dripping from them along with the plump squirmy maggots. I used that bag less than two weeks ago.

Nasty nasty nasty.
Bust loved this
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:20 pm Btw, I threw out my tank bag and many things in it today. Evidently a mouse decided to go in there and die awhile back. Unzipped the bag before going on a short ride with Junior and the smell of death spewed out of that bag. Looked inside and squirmy maggots everywhere. Saved my gps, something else, but threw away FJRiders cap, insulated gloves and glove liners. They all had juice of mouse dripping from them along with the plump squirmy maggots. I used that bag less than two weeks ago.

Nasty nasty nasty.
I can't love this.
N4HHE loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Dan,
You are two hours from Marion, NC. I am 1 1/2 hours from Marion. Base of Rt 80. I've been to Roan Mtn and back in a day going the long way. Shoot, been to Erwin Tn and back in time for a Sq Dance, going the long and squiggly way via Sylva, NC.

You. Can. Do. This.
danh600 loved this
Bust
Veteran
FJRModel: 68' Schwinn Stingray

Post by Bust »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:20 pm
Btw, I threw out my tank bag and many things in it today. Evidently a mouse decided to go in there and die awhile back. Unzipped the bag before going on a short ride with Junior and the smell of death spewed out of that bag. Looked inside and squirmy maggots everywhere. Saved my gps, something else, but threw away FJRiders cap, insulated gloves and glove liners. They all had juice of mouse dripping from them along with the plump squirmy maggots. I used that bag less than two weeks ago.

Nasty nasty nasty.
Well dim bulb that's what you get for leaving FYB's piss stained panties and Spencers ball sweat soaked bra in your bag.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for your gash whining azz! :roll:
:D :D
wheatonFJR loved this
You ever see a grown man naked Billy?
Bust
Veteran
FJRModel: 68' Schwinn Stingray

Post by Bust »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 9:20 pm

Nasty nasty nasty.
Well dim bulb that's what you get for leaving FYB's piss stained panties and Spencers ball sweat soaked bra in your bag.

I don't feel the least bit sorry for your gash whining azz! :roll:
:D :D
You ever see a grown man naked Billy?