Wire Diagram - Audiovox CSS100 control pad

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Wire Diagram - Audiovox CSS100 control pad

Post by extrememarine »

I'm going some work on the FJR.

I remember seeing a Audiovox cruise control install that used 2 micro switches installed in the left switch housing (an on/off and a momentary on-off-on for set / resume).

Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram and instructions for that type of 'control' pad for the Audiovox CSS100 cruise control?

thanks!

Wayne
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Re: Wire Diagram - Audiovox CSS100 control pad

Post by raYzerman »

Ha, I have the two microswitches I never installed on my '07....... but here ya go Wayne..... happy reading. FYI, I have a brand new spare control pod as well, I can test it for pinout if ya want.

https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/wiring ... cc.146118/

https://www.fjrforum.com/threads/a-bunc ... post-16028

Edit add - install manual, plus I have a scanned copy of the manual that came with my old CCS-100
https://www.manualslib.com/manual/11742 ... =13#manual
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

Thanks Ray, that is the one I was looking for - I think my audiovox is cooked, but it may be the control pad. I found NOS audiovox, but it's listed for $400 (no thanks).
Ride There!

IBA#60836

DesignFlaw06
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006 FJR1300A

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

extrememarine wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:52 pm Thanks Ray, that is the one I was looking for - I think my audiovox is cooked, but it may be the control pad. I found NOS audiovox, but it's listed for $400 (no thanks).
Where were you looking? I found a better deal on the cruise control here.
wheatonFJR and BikerGeek loved this
TimDog!
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

I'll consider that option when you replace that fastener loosing blue bass boat FJR of yours...
DesignFlaw06 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:12 pm
extrememarine wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:52 pm Thanks Ray, that is the one I was looking for - I think my audiovox is cooked, but it may be the control pad. I found NOS audiovox, but it's listed for $400 (no thanks).
Where were you looking? I found a better deal on the cruise control here.
Besides, If I had a new FJR, I wouldn't be able to drag Lumberg up and over some goat trail in WV...

:stickpoke:
wheatonFJR and BikerGeek loved this
Ride There!

IBA#60836

raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by raYzerman »

Wayne, peel the cover off your control pod and don't be surprised to find some whitish residue on the carbon contact pads..... clean that up and try again. If that works, silicone it back up so it's waterproof. There is a test sequence to check it out while looking at the LED's in the servo unit......
mcatrophy
FJRModel: 2018 FJR1300AS

Post by mcatrophy »

extrememarine wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:07 pm I'm going some work on the FJR.

I remember seeing a Audiovox cruise control install that used 2 micro switches installed in the left switch housing (an on/off and a momentary on-off-on for set / resume).

Does anyone know where I can find the wiring diagram and instructions for that type of 'control' pad for the Audiovox CSS100 cruise control?

thanks!

Wayne
The control panel circuit I drew out when I installed mine:

A little explanation, the four switched labeled "OFF", "ON", "RES" and "SET" are all momentary push switches. The gubbins in the middle effectively turns the "ON" to be a toggle, press it and the "VP" output holds to 12 volts. Press the "OFF" button, that releases it.

The "RES(ume)" and "SET" buttons should only be momentary to perform their function.

"LED1" and "LED3" provide back-lighting for the switches, "LED2" is on when the panel thinks it's set. There's no feedback from the actuator, so its being on indicates only what the panel is doing.

You could use a simple toggle to hold the "VP" to twelve volts, and momentary buttons tor the "SET" and "RES" positions.

Another possibility as to why the system won't work is that it's very fussy about the brake light voltage, it will refuse to set with the slightest hint of it not being at zero. This can also be caused if the ground connection to the the actuator isn't right.

The original control switch panel is definitely not weather-proof. I sealed mine with silicon sealant, I do a lot of riding in the rain. Details of how I did it all are within the pics of my full installation that start here.

Hope that's a little helpful.
wheatonFJR and blind squirrel loved this
mcatrophy
2018 FJR1300AS - AE in the USA, if only they could have one :o .
2014 FJR1300AS 2010 FJR1300AS 2006 FJR1300AS '02 Trophy 1200 '01 Bonnevill '55 Tiger Cub
ImageMy web site
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

Thank you - very helpful - I've saved these to my OneNote.

I'll start by sharing that this particular Audiovox unit owes me nothing. It has been in 2 FJR's and is on it's second control pad.

the control pad is toast - between corrosion and deterioration of pad itself, it's not functional. I think the real issue of late is related to the signal from the brake light circut. I remember considering installing the relay to ensure zero voltage on the circuit, but back when I installed in on this bike, my meter shows 0.0xx volts, so I didn't install the relay. Now when I test the circuit, I see a variable voltage reading on my meter that bounces around and as high as 3-5v; so I beleive that "noise" on the circuit is tripping the Audiovox.

I've installed the relay per instructions here. I am going to wire in a on/off and a on/off/on momentary switch for testing. If that configution works, then I plan on going to just the master on/off and tied in the "set" option to the flash-to-pass button I have installed in my left switch housing (used to function as PTT for bike to bike when that was via GMRS radios). It's in the perfect spot for the "set" buttom. I want a master on/off switch for just in case the audiovox wigs out - I want to be able to kill power to it while in motion if I need.

If this doesn't work out, then I'll just not have an audiovox. I still have a Vista-Cruise throttle lock in place. And that option is much more economical than Designflaw's suggestion...
DesignFlaw06 loved this
Ride There!

IBA#60836

raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by raYzerman »

New control pad here if you want it......
wheatonFJR loved this
Panman
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007

Post by Panman »

raYzerman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:01 pm New control pad here if you want it......
Good on you Ray, I've seen a lot of that thru all my years of riding! Same thing that attracted me to MC's in the first place 54 years ago.
wheatonFJR loved this
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

I have this picture of Ray's "shop" in my mind - from his "spares" bins, we could assemble 2 FJR's, at least one VFR, and probably a few Suzuki's...

:)

Ray's the best...
Panman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:49 pm
raYzerman wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:01 pm New control pad here if you want it......
Good on you Ray, I've seen a lot of that thru all my years of riding! Same thing that attracted me to MC's in the first place 54 years ago.
wheatonFJR loved this
Ride There!

IBA#60836

DesignFlaw06
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006 FJR1300A

Post by DesignFlaw06 »

extrememarine wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:36 pm And that option is much more economical than Designflaw's suggestion...
It's self preservation. If you have a new FJR, that means your other one is full of fasteners not being used!
wheatonFJR loved this
TimDog!