Dave Higgins / Highlander

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
FastPappy
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 AE

Re: Dave Higgins / Highlander

Post by FastPappy »

I unfortunately never met Dave but it is so sad to lose another one of our FJR family, there have been so many lately. I suppose given our demographics it must be expected. :cry:
Pappy 09AE
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021 BMW R1250GSA "Gray Ghost II"

Post by bigjohnsd »

El Toro Joe wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 am I never actually met Dave...RIP Highlander
Joe, Weren't you in Spearfish in 2018?

Dave and Dianne helped serve the food on Thursday night.
El Toro Joe loved this
"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!
sacramentomike
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Post by sacramentomike »

God I hate posts with just somebody's name for the title. I saw the Highlanders were on the list for the Reuben Run coming up and was very tickled since they haven't been around too much lately, but HELL. I was at the first Nakusp CFR in '13 or so--correct me if I'm wrong--and Dave and Diane, Steve (Bluestreek) and Joe (MCML) were talking about a run from there up to Alaska. I had the time so I asked if I could jump in. Of course, we had a great time, at least as far as Hyder (for me). Dave and Diane turned south after that and I went to the coast and caught the ferry to Vancouver Island while the other two yahoos rode all the way to the North Pole or someplace. Great folks, great traveling companions. Dave was a gentleman. Diane, my sincere condolences. I'll dig for the pictures I took that week.
wheatonFJR loved this
Bugnatr
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 SuperTanker1200. 2018 DCT Hippo,
2007 KLR650... the Goldwing of thumpers

Post by Bugnatr »

FastPappy wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:47 am I unfortunately never met Dave but it is so sad to lose another one of our FJR family, there have been so many lately. I suppose given our demographics it must be expected. :cry:
Dang tape measure of life is getting shorter. Ride more, worry less.

It's always refreshing to see respect among our group, knowing Dave he would approve. Once again the people we meet due to a Yamaha motorcycle are second to none. This is why I travel across the good USofA,to enjoy the love of riding and to hang out with members of this family.
CraigRegs, Full House, CollingsBob and 3 others loved this
It's too deep, this is a bike not a canoe.
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

bigjohnsd wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 5:50 pm
El Toro Joe wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:35 am I never actually met Dave...RIP Highlander
Joe, Weren't you in Spearfish in 2018?

Dave and Dianne helped serve the food on Thursday night.
well...I guess I did meet him. I was wondering if they were at YFO in 2017 as well. There were many folks at both of those meets that I had never met.
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

Damn... These threads always suck.

I'm pretty sure the only opportunity we would have had to meet Dave and Diane woulda been at NAFO in Montrose. There were several people there that we didn't get a chance to meet and I honestly don't remember if we met them or not - doesn't matter. RIP, Dave.

I did find a picture with them in it from Montrose, though.
Bugnatr, Tyler, and wheatonFJR loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
Bugnatr
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 SuperTanker1200. 2018 DCT Hippo,
2007 KLR650... the Goldwing of thumpers

Post by Bugnatr »

I talked to Diane a couple days ago, she has some family close in Carson City and a dear childhood girl friend who will stay with her as long as Diane needs her-what a good friend. Eventually with some help we will look at Dave's bikes and a couple vehicles to offer for sale but for now it's just adjusting to life without Dave. She's so thankful for all the love and support and there will be a private memorial service Sunday the 4th but with limited space it's by invite only. I get it as Dave had so many friends .
BikerGeek, Tyler, extrememarine and 1 others loved this
It's too deep, this is a bike not a canoe.