RIP - JWilly - aka Jason - Memories and Tributes

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST

Re: JWilly - aka Jason

Post by Tyler »

blind squirrel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:33 pm Jason will be missed by all. I suggest that all of you STOP CRYING! Jason would NOT WANT THAT! Instead, raise a shot of your favorite beverage and toast a truly great person.
I'm doing both as well as laughing at stories being shared which then make me cry again and then raise another shot... rinse, repeat. I can't add anything else to what we all knew of him other than I am so going to miss him and the way he always made his way to me when I would arrive at a gathering and throw those long ass arms around me and tell me how much he loved me... sometimes I don't understand life and why this man's life was cut way too early... but yes, Scott, we will all pull up our big girl panties and carry on in proper Jason fashion and, I hope, try to emulate him and continue his legacy of being a stellar human being... but I will cry some more in between so sue me. ;)
Steel_Gin, El Toro Joe, FJRPittsburgh and 10 others loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Tommy848 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 1:37 pm I had the pleasure of meeting JWilly and riding with him a few times, Jason was such a pleasure to be around and I could tell the very first time he was a great person for anyone to be around. Gonna miss following you thru the mountains Jason. Heart is really heavy today but I am gonna watch the GoPro movies I have of me following you up 209 in NC.
Fork it over Tommy! Don't be holding back on us.

Jason asked about you Saturday... asked if I'd seen you lately. He called you "Crazy Tommy". He said,
" That boy sure can ride! "

I would call that a high compliment. And the crazy is a true sign of endearment.

But it sounds funny for Jason calling anybody else crazy...lol.
El Toro Joe, FJRPittsburgh, D-Eagle and 7 others loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
fontanaman
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2017 FJR, 2017 DR650

Post by fontanaman »

Well I am not as eloquent as many who posted. I met Jasen once so I don't have a memory to share but I am very sad to hear of his passing and the sorrow.

My thoughts are with his family and those who knew him much better than I.
Last edited by fontanaman on Mon May 23, 2022 2:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
El Toro Joe, CollingsBob, natehawk750 and 1 others loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

blind squirrel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:33 pm Jason will be missed by all. I suggest that all of you STOP CRYING! Jason would NOT WANT THAT! Instead, raise a shot of your favorite beverage and toast a truly great person.
Oh, I have raised a few to toast him for sure...but I am also human. I bet Jason has cried a few times in his life.

This man was doing chest compressions on me in 2019. I will cry if I want to. Actually, I don't seem to have a choice in the matter...then someone asks how I'm doing...and I'm down for the count. My 27 yo daughter gave me a hug today and said she was glad I was not in an accident. She knew Jason, Louanne knows Jason...they are both stunned and sad.

So I will raise a toast to one of the best I ever knew and had the pleasure to ride with, but I will unashamedly cry if it hits me that way in a moment. Jason was worth the pain I'm feeling now. I just wish we both rode for decades more.
Steel_Gin, Blister_1, BkerChuck and 17 others loved this
mlacomb
Squid
FJRModel: 2011

Post by mlacomb »

Didn't have as much of a bond with him as most, however as everyone knows - this is a huge loss. I had a friend of mine go down during eom 2019... Rick, Dahlia and myself showed up at the hotel at 1230am after the days events, and Jason and Julie were there to welcome us back home.
The following day I was facing a ride back home by myself and figured I'd just get out and get it over with. Jason convinced me to go to breakfast with the group, and while it wasn't any special occasion, I always remembered him taking that time for someone he had only met one other time. Seems he was that way with everyone he touched.

The world burns a little less bright without him...
mi_pjk, Steel_Gin, BkerChuck and 11 others loved this
Road Runner
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR Advanced Edition
1987 KLR 650 Thumper

Post by Road Runner »

I only met Jason once. I felt like I knew him better because of posting and liking things on here and face book. I really wanted to meet up with him again. This is such a Hugh loss.
RIP Jason. Prayers for Jason's Loved ones.
FJRPittsburgh, El Toro Joe, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
"A biker never knows" - Tim Allen

Art
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

Update - 5/23/22 @ 7:30a.

I know everyone is watching for updates and information. Please be patient. I spoke to Lee (aka Bill Lumberg on the forum) this morning. Sonya and family will be working through things today / tomorrow. As soon as any information is available regarding arrangements and the families wishes, we will publish here and via social media.

Thank you.

Wayne
Redfish, BikerGeek, Hppants and 6 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Dahlia
Squid
FJRModel: 2018 Yamaha MT-09

Post by Dahlia »

Rick (Geosci) and I first met Jason at the Ohio Ramble in May 2019. He led our group on a beautiful ride through West Virginia, including a stop at the breathtaking New River Gorge.

When we attended EOM Maggie Valley in 2019, Jason made a point of making us feel welcome and introducing us to others, which led to some wonderful new friendships.

Later, when a friend of ours experienced a devastating loss, Jason reached out to us too — yet another example of his huge heart and incredible generosity.

He left an indelible mark. ❤️

Jason, Julie, Mark
New River Gorge, Fayetteville, West Virginia - May 2019
mi_pjk, Redfish, mlacomb and 13 others loved this
natehawk750
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR1300A, 2001 zrx1200r, 2001 XR650R

Post by natehawk750 »

Thanks Wayne.
wheatonFJR loved this
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

I’m sure Wayne will place this more appropriately than I. Cards and letters (no packages or flowers) can be sent to Sonya and/or the greater Williams family c/o:

Cherokee Remodeling
320 Bell Park Dr., Unit B
Woodstock, Ga, 30188

That is the business, Cherokee Remodeling, that Jason and his partner and friend, Dom Orlando, founded and co-owned. It was gracious of Dom to allow us to use their address.
extrememarine wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am Update - 5/23/22 @ 7:30a.

I know everyone is watching for updates and information. Please be patient. I spoke to Lee (aka Bill Lumberg on the forum) this morning. Sonya and family will be working through things today / tomorrow. As soon as any information is available regarding arrangements and the families wishes, we will publish here and via social media.

Thank you.

Wayne
Redfish, bungie4, PhilJet09 and 8 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

Address added to Post 1.

Please add the "C/O JWilly" to assist with separating business mail and that which is related to well wishes.
Cherokee Remodeling
C/O - JWILLY
Woodstock, Ga, 30188
bill lumberg wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 9:34 am I’m sure Wayne will place this more appropriately than I. Cards and letters (no packages or flowers) can be sent to Sonya and/or the greater Williams family c/o:

Cherokee Remodeling
Woodstock, Ga, 30188

That is the business, Cherokee Remodeling, that Jason and his partner and friend, Dom Orlando, founded and co-owned. It was gracious of Dom to allow us to use their address.
extrememarine wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:34 am Update - 5/23/22 @ 7:30a.

Thank you.

Wayne
El Toro Joe, bill lumberg, BikerGeek and 2 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
HotRodZilla
Veteran
FJRModel: 07 FJR-A

Post by HotRodZilla »

When I got the call from Marty on Sunday night, my heart sank. To lose a guy like Jason is just a thought I had not ever had. I know its dumb but it just never crossed my mind. Now it's a reality and it just drags on me.

The first time I met Jason was my first EOM in 2009 at Johnson City. I was riding with FUBAR (Don) his wife, Mr.Twisty (Mike) and his wife, Jim Wells (Don't remember his forum handle) and his wife, another guy on a 2006 AE, Justin maybe, and Alex, the European guy who put like 200k on his FJR before taking it to Japan with him. We had left Tellico Plains and were taking a route to Johnson City.

We were somewhere at an intersection in the mountains, when Dom and Jason came down the hill. We stopped and talked and everyone introduced me. Dom and Jason invited me to take off with them but I was having trouble keeping pace with the current group. Don told me they'd ride fast and I decided I didn't want to be the guy they had to wait for all day. Haha! I talked with Jason a few times that trip. His daughter who is older than my oldest was super into softball and my oldest had just started playing.

We would talk on and off after that but I think it was his friendship with Oface (Marty) that had us talking every couple weeks. Then, I went to Red Lodge with Jason and Marty two years ago. That was an epic trip and we had a blast. I have great friends and he is definitely one of them. I met Sonya that trip and really like her. Her and Jason were just made for each other.

We took some good pictures:

Not sure why he wanted to lick me. I know I'm handsome, but damn! We were in Montrose and this was our last dinner together.

These are not in order. Lol. This was at Kevin's, right after we left Red Lodge. Jason needed a new rear tire. The shop we got it from was a story all by itself! Haha! Kevin has nice stuff and was nice enough to let us use it!

All that hard work made us tired!! It was cold and rainy, so we spent a day just hiding in Kevin's huge garage, watching TV and messing around. The naps were a nice break.

The trips with Kevin were fun too!

This is outside of Red Lodge at some gorge we rode to. If I remember right, Jason stepped over the fence to take a picture. It was a STEEP drop maybe 500ft. Sonya was gonna have his ass. Haha!

Jason helping Marty, doing what he did best!

And finally, I can't skip this one. Someone took thos pic of Jason at EOM, I think. He shared it with us, and I couldn't help myself. I made a meme, just to give him Hell. We never posted it anywhere, but screw it. I know he missed Marty and me, because we missed him. Now, I REALLY miss him.

The last time I saw Jason was last year when he rode through here and he stopped to meet for breakfast. It was great to see him and I was sad that I wasn't going with him. He ate with my middle daughter Sophia and me. He was a big man with a big heart and it makes me sad, knowing all the people who love him who will miss him.

He is gone, way too soon.
Last edited by HotRodZilla on Mon May 23, 2022 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Road Runner, juniorfjr, Redfish and 17 others loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Thanks Zilla for posting. I know those photos you bastard jerk. :D They took this big ride out west that I was supposed to be on...but couldn't make. So they kept on posting this crap to let me know how much fun they were having!(without me) :D

Those pictures are GOLD. Your post means a lot, thanks for taking the time to share.

Jason spoke during the ride on Saturday how he was looking forward to another big ride out west with you and that BMW-pussy-Marty to the RR.
Road Runner, HotRodZilla, natehawk750 and 2 others loved this
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

HotRodZilla wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:17 pm And finally, I can't skip this one. Someone took thos pic of Jason at EOM, I think. He shared it with us, and I couldn't help myself. I made a meme, just to give him Hell. We never posted it anywhere, but screw it. I know he missed Marty and me, because we missed him. Now, I REALLY miss him.

Holy shit - that's awesome! That was taken on July 18,2020, in my back yard. Jason and Sonya came up for my 50th. As soon as they got here, Jason tore into a 12-pack of Blue Moon (on an empty stomach). This picture is the result. I was finding Blue Moon bottle caps in my yard for months after.
Steel_Gin, PhilJet09, mlacomb and 12 others loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
Blister_1
Contributor
Casual Rider
FJRModel: 2020 ES

Post by Blister_1 »

RIP Jason. Thank you for welcoming to EOM 2020!
FJRPittsburgh and natehawk750 loved this
Do good things,

Kevin
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

2008. I had owned my FJR for just a few months and I came across some gathering called "EOM." It wasn't too far away so we decided to go, knowing that we knew nobody in person - only online. That didn't last, and as I'm sure you can imagine, Jason was front & center.

EOM 2008 - I'm pretty sure Jason is telling Scab the infamous Green Nut-Hugger story. I was laughing so hard and for so long that my gut hurt.

EOM 2009. Ahhh, yeah.....

Also EOM 2009. It was his idea to pose like that. Not sure whose bike he was sitting on, though. Definitely not his.

2017. Wayne and Jason came to town for the IMS in Columbus. But first, Jason needed his picture by a ....

After the IMS, we went for a bite to eat and a few laughs.

EOM 2019. That poor chair...

Also EOM 2019. I'm pretty sure that Jason just proposed to Line.

And, finally, EOM 2021. Sooze and I went for a ride with Jason & Sonya and Bill Lumberg. Seeing Jason and Sonya off the next morning for their ride home would be ... well, you know.
Niehart, LKLD, Redfish and 12 others loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

I can't recall exactly when I first met Jason or a lot of you to be honest. Just seems to me like he was the kind of person that left you feeling you'd known him for longer than it's really been. I'm trying to look back through my photos and realize I need to start taking more of them. More of the people and the places that have become such a big part of my life. Here's a couple I've managed to find.

Jason in the background with FJRay and Patty in front at Spearfish in 2018. My first trip west of the Mississippi taken completely by bike.

Jason in that shirt that seemed to fit him perfectly.

Jason, Sonya, and Bob at EOM just last year.

I didn't know him as well as many on here, but I will never forget the kindness and generosity he showed Dianne and I at EOM in 2019. We'd been hit head on, and my bike was destroyed. We had it brought back to the Maggie Valley Inn and Jason and Bill Lumberg were sitting on some rocking chairs on the front porch when the rollback truck with my wrecked bike on the back rolled int the parking lot. The two of them jumped out of their seats and ran over to where the truck stopped making sure Dianne and I were okay. Jason gave us Sonya's car to go to Urgent Care to get checked out and to drive the whole way to Ashville to the airport so we could get a rental car so we could get home. He followed up with me later to check on us, genuinely concerned about our well-being. He made everyone he met feel special in a way that not everyone can. I will miss him.

Getting dust in my eyes again....
Niehart, FJRPittsburgh, Road Runner and 12 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
clocklaw
Swag Master
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 FJR ABS - My Blue Angel

Post by clocklaw »

Well, not much these days would pull me out of hiding to come visit the forum.....unfortunately we have had one of those things. Just as everyone in this thread has indicated, Jason made an impact on so many lives in this world. One of my earliest memories of Jason involved white out on the laptop screen at an EOM a few years ago.....I am pretty sure he loved me more than Barry loves sheep. I hope to find he is waiting for me at the turn when I get there!
Niehart, FJRPittsburgh, LKLD and 9 others loved this
wheatonFJR wrote:...you don't really expect me to finger myself do you?
HotRodZilla wrote:Be careful, don't act dumb, and like your weiner, keep it in your pants.
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST

Post by Tyler »

BikerGeek wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 pm Also EOM 2019. I'm pretty sure that Jason just proposed to Line.
I think Jason proposed to a lot of people that night... and not just the ladies. ;)
FJRPittsburgh, Steel_Gin, bill lumberg and 3 others loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

Tyler wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:06 pm
BikerGeek wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 2:35 pm Also EOM 2019. I'm pretty sure that Jason just proposed to Line.
I think Jason proposed to a lot of people that night... and not just the ladies. ;)
Ahhh...good times :manlove:
bungie4, chivvalry, BikerGeek and 1 others loved this
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"