battery access?

The Technical Library sub forum will contain how-to and reference articles for all generations of the FJR1300.
Forum rules
13.B - For tech library threads, same approach as the merchandise threads – all posts will be related to the tech library topic – questions about the topic, posts adding to the topic from a technical perspective, etc. Any posts outside of those will be deleted by forum moderators or admins.
Red
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A
Location: near the Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III, Orion Spur of the Milky Way galaxy.

battery access?

Post by Red »

Thought I had a link to almost anything relating to FJR tech, but links do die, now and then. Even a hard drive can die.

I need to replace the Gen2 FJR battery. FSM in really vague, on what you need to do.

Anybody got a good link for how-to replace the Gen2 battery?
I am finding everything from "first, jack up the bike" to helpful guys who just did it, but won't say how.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
Yeah, I ride motorcycles. I know why dogs put their heads out of the car windows.
Yeah, I fly hang gliders (3000 hrs.+). I know why the birds sing.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: battery access?

Post by wheatonFJR »

Not ever having a Gen 2, I can't visualize what the steps would be. However, both Gen 1s and 3s have had the battery in the front right of the bike. Therefore you have to take the plastic off in that area to get it out or get access to it.
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

The battery panel on a Gen2 is easy... two screws with your 4mm hex and one push pin on the inner panel... lift up slide back and out.
wheatonFJR loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
rbentnail
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007A, 2013A

Post by rbentnail »

raYzerman wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 8:38 pm The battery panel on a Gen2 is easy... two screws with your 4mm hex and one push pin on the inner panel... lift up slide back and out.
I just did this a couple weeks ago. 1st part is as ray says. But I found it impossible to get the battery out without removing the vertical dash panel. Digital pictures for cable and accessory routing BEFORE disassembly. For installation, sometimes a squishy earplug is needed under the battery connector nut to hold it up from underneath.

Download the 2007 owners manual. It has good pictures of panel removal. https://www.dropbox.com/s/slichey6joevo ... l.pdf?dl=0
raYzerman loved this