FJR 1300 ABS Test Harness

The Technical Library sub forum will contain how-to and reference articles for all generations of the FJR1300.
Forum rules
13.B - For tech library threads, same approach as the merchandise threads – all posts will be related to the tech library topic – questions about the topic, posts adding to the topic from a technical perspective, etc. Any posts outside of those will be deleted by forum moderators or admins.
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Re: FJR 1300 ABS Test Harness

Post by ionbeam »

extrememarine wrote: Mon Sep 28, 2020 5:30 pm It's not you, the test harnesses are out of stock
Harnesses aren't necessarily needed, two simple jumper cables will do the same thing. If there is any interest I will link to the post describing how to do this.
Cav47 and wheatonFJR loved this
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

I used mine last weekend. Man, that was easy enough even for me. :)
0face and wheatonFJR loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
tominca
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 ABS

Post by tominca »

I would like to get the harness. The links in Ray's first post don't work and go to a "page not found". If the harness is available it would help to update the purchase instructions.
It's a good day to ride
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

I made a jumper per someones directions. I worked good enough. Then I was bequeathed a harness after an individual went the way of BMW. I passed the Jumper on to another fine soul.

Both seemed to do the trick.
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Post by extrememarine »

I had the item removed from view, which is why the link goes to a error page. I updated the item in the store to display, but it is still out of stock.

To ionbeam's point, this is a fairly straight forward DIY project, but the fact is that many folks out there don't have the time, skill, or desire to make things like this by following a DIY. There are just as many people who will follow a DIY article for something like this. Frankly, I was surprised at how many of these we sold.
tominca wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am I would like to get the harness. The links in Ray's first post don't work and go to a "page not found". If the harness is available it would help to update the purchase instructions.
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

extrememarine wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 1:50 pm ...To ionbeam's point, this is a fairly straight forward DIY project, but the fact is that many folks out there don't have the time, skill, or desire to make things like this by following a DIY....
tominca wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:37 am I would like to get the harness. The links in Ray's first post don't work and go to a "page not found". If the harness is available it would help to update the purchase instructions.
Take one alligator clip lead like the one shown in the picture below. Regardless of how you do the ABS test you have to locate the ABS test connector. Take one end of the clip lead and clip it to the only Black/White wire in the ABS test connector, connect the other end to the only solid Sky Blue wire in the ABS test connector. Done. This is just the same as using the test harness. Test the ABS per instructions. (You could get creative and use something like a paperclip or a few inches of wire to do the same thing as the clip lead.)

tominca, wheatonFJR, and HotRodZilla loved this
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

I owe an update on the supply.... Covid had caused backlogs in the postal system and it was very likely they would be stranded.... new supply going out next week, international delivery might take extra time, but we'll go for it anyway.
If any of you want to build your own harness, I can also provide the connector number if you wish to order those. As for a switch, anything of your fancy will do from your local electronics supply, etc.
extrememarine loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
Festus
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2013 FJR, 2023 KTM 390 Adventure

Post by Festus »

raYzerman wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:40 pm If any of you want to build your own harness, I can also provide the connector number if you wish to order those. As for a switch, anything of your fancy will do from your local electronics supply, etc.
Ray, can you provide that connector number, please? Unless you are back to making them, in which case, I'll just order them.
"That wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be" - 1911

"Stay thirsty, my friends"....... Wouldn't that mean I'm dehydrated all the time?