Spokane, WA area service

Tech section strictly for the FJR. Everything from oil changes & suspension setup's to removing sheep hair from hard to reach places on the bike so that your wife never finds out.
RodBarnes
Squid
FJRModel: 2012

Spokane, WA area service

Post by RodBarnes »

I moved to near Diamond Lake, WA (USA, Zip 99156, North of Spokane) and wonder if anyone has recommendations for a reputable mechanic for servicing my 2012 FJR.  I do the general maintenance myself (oil, lube, tires, brakes, etc.) but often prefer to let someone else dig in to do more involved service.
fontanaman
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2017 FJR, 2017 DR650

Re: Spokane, WA area service

Post by fontanaman »

Allsport completed the transmission recall on my 17 ES. Other than over tightening the oil drain plug, lower fairing bolt and the oil filter, I have had no problems. They did the work on time as promised. I suppose I will find more bolts too tight when I do more maintenance and if that is the extent of the problems I find I am thrilled.
Auburn loved this
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

Well...... there is this annual event called a tech day in Auburn..... not sure when the next one is, but if you hang around with those knowledgeable dudes, you will learn somethin' and they'll help you get done what needs doing.
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
Auburn
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006

Post by Auburn »

raYzerman wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 8:10 pm Well...... there is this annual event called a tech day in Auburn..... not sure when the next one is, but if you hang around with those knowledgeable dudes, you will learn somethin' and they'll help you get done what needs doing.
WIll be next year do to the unpredictability of our Governor and his Covid policies. I have a lot of travel going this Fall, so I can't do it then. Probably be around the end of April, first week in May depending on how bad winter is so the east side folks can get across the mountain passes.
get out and ride! IBA #54706