Pending phpBB update

Forum Guidelines and Information, Status, etc.
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2009 FJR

Pending phpBB update

Post by extrememarine »

Just FYI - there is an update for the forum software. I will get time scheduled to get that done. I noticed that the youtube video embeding is not working correctly, so it might be related to this upgrade. Should be able to get to it this by this weekend.

Wayne
LKLD, Tyler, PhilJet09 and 1 others loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero & #JWillywashere
Top_Speed1
Veteran
FJRModel: '09 AE
'14 K1600 GT-Sport, '13 F800 GT

Re: Pending phpBB update

Post by Top_Speed1 »

extrememarine wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am Just FYI - there is an update for the forum software. I will get time scheduled to get that done. I noticed that the youtube video embeding is not working correctly, so it might be related to this upgrade. Should be able to get to it this by this weekend.

Wayne
Could be phbb version related, Wayne. But I did hear that youtube was wanting to nix the 3rd party cross displaying of their video's. Yes, they still have ads within the video's themselves, but they feel they are missing out on more exposure with the full page showings of banners, advertisements and click thru links ....directly on their site.

As we learned w Photobcuket, it usually comes down to money. argh
Where TWO Next? (YouTube channel)

extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

It would not surprise me if Youtube follows the path that photobucket it. Of course, there would be the option of a "premium" account of some sort...
Top_Speed1 wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm
extrememarine wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:43 am Just FYI - there is an update for the forum software. I will get time scheduled to get that done. I noticed that the youtube video embeding is not working correctly, so it might be related to this upgrade. Should be able to get to it this by this weekend.

Wayne
Could be phbb version related, Wayne. But I did hear that youtube was wanting to nix the 3rd party cross displaying of their video's. Yes, they still have ads within the video's themselves, but they feel they are missing out on more exposure with the full page showings of banners, advertisements and click thru links ....directly on their site.

As we learned w Photobcuket, it usually comes down to money. argh
Ride There!

IBA#60836

Calimus
GEEK
FJRModel: 05'

Post by Calimus »

The Youtube embed is added BBCode to the editor, new version of the forums won't fix it, it's custom. Top_Speed is correct in why it isn't working. You tube likes to find those holes and plug them every once in a while. If I can get time, I'll see if there's another work around and fix it.
Cav47 loved this
Trying to be different, just like everyone else.
extrememarine
HMFIC
I post more than I ride

Post by extrememarine »

William, We sorted out the youtube issue, it was related to https vs http. I still need to go through the update. Probably this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Cav47 loved this
Ride There!

IBA#60836

Calimus
GEEK
FJRModel: 05'

Post by Calimus »

Good Deal
Trying to be different, just like everyone else.