Insignificant Cooler Fact

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Re: Insignificant Cooler Fact

Post by raYzerman »

Spoze we hafta bring up the old "prostate enlargement" thing... closes down on your pee tube and at some point you need meds (or a surgical fix). Can't empty your bladder, so you pee more often. Haven't noticed the cold affects it much, I only know cold can shrink stuff.
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
blind squirrel
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014

Post by blind squirrel »

HotRodZilla wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:44 am Anyone? Am I just an idiot?
We hold these truths to be self-evident. :lol:
HotRodZilla and Uncle Hud loved this
"That feeling is your taint telling you, 'this is a bad idea...'" - extrememarine
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Yer an idiot, but yer right on this one. :D
HotRodZilla loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

wheatonFJR wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 4:39 pm
bill lumberg wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:35 pm I know several who have abused energy drinks and had chest pain and other troubling symptoms. Caffeine isn’t free. It’s merely borrowing energy. I know down to the milligram how much I ingest and when. If you drink them too much or too often, they’ll either stop working or start hurting you.
Remind me to tell you a story about caffeine next time I see you...
Absolutely nothing cooler related, but a year ago, a buddy bought our group a double shot at a party and we all downed it graciously. It was tasty so we ordered another. The waitress brought them over and after we toasted his new job, someone asked her what were the ingredients.

When she said “Blah blah blah.....RedBull” I snapped my head around and said did all of them have RedBull in them? She said yep! I immediately went out to car and got my heart medicine. That stuff is specifically on the list my cardiologist banned me from after 4 years of dealing with AFIB. Trust me, the next 2 hours were not pleasant waiting to see if my heart was gonna go haywire. It didn’t but I never again want to go through that. I now always ask what is in something before I accept. Heck, I haven’t really had caffeine in any quantities in 4 years, let alone that RedBull stuff.

Oh yeah, those coolers are great. The knock off ones are equally good and you can actually afford to fill them with something of you don’t buy the Yeti brand.
Uncle Hud, Bounce, HotRodZilla and 1 others loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

Bounce
Veteran
FJRModel: 2003

Post by Bounce »

HotRodZilla wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:44 am Speaking of peeing, have any of you noticed that when you ride in the cold, you have to pee more? I don't even think I really drink any more, but the stops seem more frequent. I made a SWAG and think its because we're not really sweating, so it just runs to the bladder instead of being expelled by sweating and the bladder.

Anyone? Am I just an idiot? Haha!!
Could it be age instead of temperature?

As for Red Bull... The early stories of riders trying to game the system of long distance riding (leaning on Red Bull excessively). To say the reports of shizzling dritz abounded would be an understatement.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Bounce wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:44 am
HotRodZilla wrote: Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:44 am Speaking of peeing, have any of you noticed that when you ride in the cold, you have to pee more? I don't even think I really drink any more, but the stops seem more frequent. I made a SWAG and think its because we're not really sweating, so it just runs to the bladder instead of being expelled by sweating and the bladder.

As for Red Bull... The early stories of riders trying to game the system of long distance riding (leaning on Red Bull excessively). To say the reports of shizzling dritz abounded would be an understatement.
Im not sure what that is, but I don't want to be there.
Uncle Hud loved this
Uncle Hud
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES, with new fairings!

Post by Uncle Hud »

Chugged two cans of Four Loko 8 or 10 years ago during the Annual Family Touch Football Bowl Game just after our Thanksgiving feast. My kids, nieces and nephews (all early 20s at the time) warned against this stupidity.

They were proven correct about 15 minutes later, as I lay in the grass nauseous with heart palpitations. Very much not happening again.
danh600 and Cav47 loved this
*** You can't get into trouble in second gear. ***
IBA 62517
HotRodZilla
Veteran
FJRModel: 07 FJR-A

Post by HotRodZilla »

Uncle Hud wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:59 am Chugged two cans of Four Loko 8 or 10 years ago during the Annual Family Touch Football Bowl Game just after our Thanksgiving feast. My kids, nieces and nephews (all early 20s at the time) warned against this stupidity.

They were proven correct about 15 minutes later, as I lay in the grass nauseous with heart palpitations. Very much not happening again.
Oooh. 8 or 10 years ago was the "original" 4 Loko which was basically gasoline, caffeine and grain alcohol. Haha. They have supposedly softened it up since then. I have never tried it, but I have friends who have and I have dealt with plenty of people who thought they could win that fight. Haha!
wheatonFJR loved this
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

Bounce wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:44 am

Lol. That's possible, but that would be in general. I'm talking about riding on Sunday in 99° weather and not really needing to pee at gas stops, even though I'm drinking steadily from my CamelBak. Then, a day or two later, riding while it's much colder and wanting to pee at every gas stop and consuming no more water, maybe even less than on the warm days.

I REALLY noticed it in 2005 when we were in New Orleans. We were drinking a shit load of water but also sweating our asses off too. I'd go once in the morning and once in the evening. A couple times, I stopped once during the day, but I think with the rate we were sweating waste out, a much smaller amount had to go to the bladder.

Just stupid stuff I think about when I don't have to talk to anyone on my FJR. Haha!
Uncle Hud and wheatonFJR loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

I wonder what stupid shit people talk about when riding their BMWs?
Uncle Hud loved this
Pterodactyl
Veteran
FJRModel: R1250GSA w/ Sidecar

Post by Pterodactyl »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm I wonder what stupid shit people talk about when riding their BMWs?
Hmmm, why are there always so many FJRs parked in front of the restrooms at all the rest areas????
bigjohnsd, Festus, Cav47 and 2 others loved this
Kevin
The Outpost
Silver City, MT
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

wheatonFJR wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 4:21 pm I wonder what stupid shit people talk about when riding their BMWs?
How ugly the FJR's are with their gawdy add on passenger peg cooler and how amazing the BMW engineers are to design into their bikes a feature of the left side storage compartment that will hold a large Starbucks coffee and never spill a drop.
bigjohnsd loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by raYzerman »

What? They got coffee holders...... dayum. Hey, can you drink your coffee while it's in the holder or are you transporting it somewhere until it cools down.. can we have a heating element to keep it warm and will it work with CanBus? Can you suck coffee through a long straw safely, maybe can wrap a heating tube around the headers?? I'm still not quite convinced I need a Beemer.
Bounce loved this
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm can we have a heating element to keep it warm and will it work with CanBus?
I actually put thought into this on my previous post. Obviously the official BMW branded coffee warmer would be a CanBus accessory.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:41 pm Can you suck coffee through a long straw safely...?I'm still not quite convinced I need a Beemer.
No, because straws are the devil. You'll have to use a different kind of plastic sucking device to remove the coffee from its container.
wheatonFJR and jwilly loved this
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by raYzerman »

I'm sure Beemer could run a food-safe tubing with a little pump with auto-on/off as you sip away..... CanBus of course! Starbucks naturally.
HotRodZilla loved this
Pterodactyl
Veteran
FJRModel: R1250GSA w/ Sidecar

Post by Pterodactyl »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:37 pm I'm sure Beemer could run a food-safe tubing with a little pump with auto-on/off as you sip away..... CanBus of course! Jagermeister naturally.
Revised for clarity.
Steel_Gin, raYzerman, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
Kevin
The Outpost
Silver City, MT
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021 BMW R1250GSA "Gray Ghost II"

Post by bigjohnsd »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:37 pm I'm sure Beemer could run a food-safe tubing with a little pump with auto-on/off as you sip away..... CanBus of course! Starbucks naturally.
A Farkle is a Farkle!
"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!
Uncle Hud
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES, with new fairings!

Post by Uncle Hud »

HotRodZilla wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:21 pm You'll have to use a different kind of plastic sucking device to remove the coffee from its container.
You mean like a battery-powered blow up doll? Asking for a friend.
HotRodZilla and Cav47 loved this
*** You can't get into trouble in second gear. ***
IBA 62517
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Uncle Hud wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 12:58 pm
HotRodZilla wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:21 pm You'll have to use a different kind of plastic sucking device to remove the coffee from its container.
You mean like a battery-powered blow up doll? Asking for a friend.
I call bullshit. What friend?
Bounce, Uncle Hud, and HotRodZilla loved this