Anyone in the ATL area

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Mattthehoople
Squid
FJRModel: 2008

Anyone in the ATL area

Post by Mattthehoople »

So I ordered a Givi V47NNT on October 5 from Motostorm.it, they had a super price so I thought I'd jump.

Fast forward to today, still no ship date, and coming from Italy, I don't expect it to get here by Sunday, when I'm leaving on an eight-day ride! :D

But without that trunk, my gear will be exposed in a drybag, which I've done before, though it makes security really difficult when going unto a restaurant, or sightseeing where you have to leave your motorcycle.

I've asked them to credit my card ASAP so I can buy something on the way, but I really want the V47NNT, not just any trunk. So a drybag it will be.

How would you guys pack for travel in terms of security of your firearm, camping and Xfuel gear?
clocklaw
Swag Master
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 FJR ABS - My Blue Angel

Re: Anyone in the ATL area

Post by clocklaw »

Bestem is based in the Atlanta area, any chance you could buy a Bestem there, use it for your trip, and then get rid of it later (they're pretty cheap)?

http://www.bestemusa.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wheatonFJR wrote:...you don't really expect me to finger myself do you?
HotRodZilla wrote:Be careful, don't act dumb, and like your weiner, keep it in your pants.
Mattthehoople
Squid

Post by Mattthehoople »

Neg on that my friend.

I already ordered the Givi E228M from Revzilla, received in 3 days, installed last week with medium locktite thread locker. :oops:

I just thought for sure they'd be able to deliver it in 11 working days, being as it is (I thought) a very common case made in Italy, and many websites say they are in stock, ready for delivery. Just not at the price I was clicking on, which was $199 USD + whatever shipping was. Even then, I was well under $50 savings from the US dealerships.

Givi must allow quite a markup, and Sidi too, because those Italian web stores are killing American dealers.

Revzilla wanted $295 for the same case.

I wonder if those low prices are a bait & switch to get your billing info, only then do they try to find the product.

Will have to go with a dry bag, or just not ride. I have my pickup as a last resort, though I was really looking forward to the fall ride.
HotRodZilla
Veteran
FJRModel: 07 FJR-A

Post by HotRodZilla »

Put your clothes in a trash bag. Then if the dry bag isn't so dry, your clothes still are. Easy!!
smithpa68
Squid
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300

Post by smithpa68 »

I have used Motostorm also but didn't have any issues. I bought the Cardo SHO-1 Bluetooth set from them. I have a Wolfman bag I use for sidecase overflow. Works pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mattthehoople
Squid

Post by Mattthehoople »

Yeah, I'm going to order some Sidi boots from them. They shipped the case to me, got it in perfect condition, and it looks great on the FJR. The Givi V47NNT is a little more industrial looking, but it fits my bike perfectly.

Big shout out to all the folks at Motostorm.it. They are a great retailer for sure. We should post a positive experience with them to ensure forum members get the right info. Andrea was way cool. Love these guys.

Might order a helmet from them in a few days.
smithpa68
Squid
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300

Post by smithpa68 »

I agree Andrea takes good care of customers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk