What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
FastPappy
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 AE

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by FastPappy »

Got in another little ride today, just a couple of hours but got my fix. Just couldn't waste such a beautiful day. FJR therapy ongoing. :D
Pappy 09AE
FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Post by FJRoss »

Probably the last ride of the year. Around 450 km but it did not get as warm as forecast. Just 4°C when I got back just after sunset (39°F). Colder than forecast so I did not bring heated gear - was a bit chilled when I got home. Still, a decently long ride on November 21 in New Brunswick is a bonus.
https://goo.gl/maps/vezbEx1Fex3NYchd8

Edit: When I look at the link on my desktop computer, I get a detailed map of my ride in Google Maps. When I open it on my phone, I get a line between the start and endpoint?
FJRPittsburgh, PhilJet09, and wheatonFJR loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Heading out this morning shortly after first light to Clayton to meet up with others for a nice NGA dayride.
Bugnatr, PhilJet09, raYzerman and 1 others loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

Man, great weather for riding lessons from Wheatonfjr, 1911, and Jwilly. Great weather, great ride.
FJRPittsburgh, jwilly, PhilJet09 and 6 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Well, I had an awesome day today...380 miles in weather I moved down south for. Its good to see talk with and ride with these clowns again as they move at the speed of light in their backyard. I swear, dont be sipping water or gulping any food down when Lumberg and jwilly are on the comms. I think they have an over/under on when they can hear coughing sounds come out of my mic.

Cant really describe the day, except that I did 380 miles, Warwoman twice, RRR and 17 twice, Blood Mtn and 76 and other awesome roads.

Cajun alert! Some cajun that y'all know got past border patrol and alerted us to his presence. I promptly gave him the FJRIDERS salute and honked at him. Yes, Sir Joey from down south dataway must be scouting properties in a A FOUR wheeled vehicle. Good to see you Joey.
Niehart, FJRPittsburgh, jwilly and 6 others loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

I knew giving chase to you turkeys in a highlander would be futile indeed. We are gonna look at some houses tomorrow and Tuesday.

I saw y’all the first time coming into Suches. Figured y’all ate at TWO.

My wife can’t believe that I see people I know everywhere we go. It’s true, Pants is worldwide.

You guys looked pretty good today.
danh600, Bugnatr, FJRPittsburgh and 7 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

Hppants wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 pm I knew giving chase to you turkeys in a highlander would be futile indeed. We are gonna look at some houses tomorrow and Tuesday.

I saw y’all the first time coming into Suches. Figured y’all ate at TWO.

My wife can’t believe that I see people I know everywhere we go. It’s true, Pants is worldwide.

You guys looked pretty good today.
jwilly, Cav47, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007

Post by 1911 »

A great ride with a little something extra.

Kyles is the son of the guy that I worked for at my previous job. I've known him since about the time he was in the 7th grade. I was there the first time he rode a motorcycle. Motorcrosser. Dabbled with crotch rockets a litle upon reaching driving age.

A few months ago he shows me a pic of himself with a sport bike riding group up on NC215 and he's raving about the scenery and what a great road 215 is. I tell him it's just the tip of the iceberg. He hasn't ventured past, or onto the BRP yet.

The first time he rode with us I showed him at least one thing NOT to do. He's ridden with us old dudes a few times since. Seems eager to trade some pace for some new scenery. We've shown him Roan Mountain, Hot Springs, Trust, Luck, a little BRP and now north Georgia (along with what Jason and Lee can do with a shaft drive 600 pounder).

To leave at daybreak on a cloudy 40 degree morning, run a bunch of slab to the first meetup, on a naked bike with no electric clothing, for a 450 + mile day, it must not suck to ride with us bluehairs.
Niehart, Bugnatr, FJRPittsburgh and 7 others loved this
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

I see he was doing donuts on the parking space.... the kids today!
Bugnatr, HotRodZilla, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

raYzerman wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:36 am I see he was doing donuts on the parking space.... the kids today!
It certainly wasn't me!

Now, back in '74 in my buddy's manual Pinto on a winter day in the church parking lot? Donuts all day baby!
HotRodZilla loved this
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

The kid is legit. No surprise, since he came with Duane. Kyle is a very smooth and consistent rider.
wheatonFJR and HotRodZilla loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Hppants wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:24 pm You guys looked pretty good today.
As long as we leave the visor down on the helmet, we all look pretty outstanding.

Were you in that short line of cars behind the RV as we headed northwest on 60 coming into Suches? We had a pretty clean run up 60 before then. There was some guy in a weird color Dianeze jacket and pants behind the line of cars that BL was teasing jwilly about having his eye on. :lol:
HotRodZilla, escapefjrtist, and bill lumberg loved this
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007

Post by 1911 »

1911 wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:29 am Image

A great ride with a little something extra.

Kyles is the son of the guy that I worked for at my previous job. I've known him since about the time he was in the 7th grade. I was there the first time he rode a motorcycle. Motorcrosser. Dabbled with crotch rockets a litle upon reaching driving age.

A few months ago he shows me a pic of himself with a sport bike riding group up on NC215 and he's raving about the scenery and what a great road 215 is. I tell him it's just the tip of the iceberg. He hasn't ventured past, or onto the BRP yet.

The first time he rode with us I showed him at least one thing NOT to do. He's ridden with us old dudes a few times since. Seems eager to trade some pace for some new scenery. We've shown him Roan Mountain, Hot Springs, Trust, Luck, a little BRP and now north Georgia (along with what Jason and Lee can do with a shaft drive 600 pounder).

To leave at daybreak on a cloudy 40 degree morning, run a bunch of slab to the first meetup, on a naked bike with no electric clothing, for a 450 + mile day, it must not suck to ride with us bluehairs.
Can't believe I left out the funny?

Jason sends us to a country store with good gas. The pump is old school, mechanical dial, no connection to the cashier, with a handwritten note on it "PLEASE REMEMBER YOUR PURCHASE AMOUNT". Watching Kyle, debit card in hand, trying to figure out how to "reset" the pump was funny as hell....

.....'til it made me feel old.
Niehart, Bugnatr, HotRodZilla and 5 others loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by Hppants »

wheatonFJR wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 pm
As long as we leave the visor down on the helmet, we all look pretty outstanding.

Were you in that short line of cars behind the RV as we headed northwest on 60 coming into Suches? We had a pretty clean run up 60 before then. There was some guy in a weird color Dianeze jacket and pants behind the line of cars that BL was teasing jwilly about having his eye on. :lol:

No - we were heading south from lake Whitfield into Suches. We saw y’all heading north just immediately past the Hwy 180 intersection. I stuck my hand out and waved furiously to Duane, to no avail.
HotRodZilla and wheatonFJR loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Hppants wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:30 pm
wheatonFJR wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:46 pm

No - we were heading south from lake Whitfield into Suches. We saw y’all heading north just immediately past the Hwy 180 intersection. I stuck my hand out and waved furiously to Duane, to no avail.
Yeah, we had just stopped at Suches and were headed north for an out and back on 60. Jwilly, Kyle, and Lee were wicking it up and moving on further ahead. It was awesome to see FJRs up ahead with this Kawi bike in between moving out, and I mean moving out! Duane was ahead of me and very spirited, I could not reel him in. But we were not in that level up above...although my last two crashes were not speed related, I said no....im having fun and im NOT going to ruin this day, for me, for the guys im with or Louanne...by not staying within myself. Not that I had a choice, like I said...I could not reel Duane in. He musta hard extra mustard on his sandwich or sumpin cuz he was flying. Willy and Lumberg are on another level when they decide to lay that hammer down.

We found a turnaround spot on 60 and headed back south to run 180 east. Jason was good and watched out for "the kid" as he's riding this road for the very first time and your first time through can getcha if yer not careful.

I love the people I ride with. They have literally saved my bacon and they're funny as hell over the comms.

So, are you really sure you didn't see Jason winking at that guy in the Dianese gear, cuz that's what Bill Lumberg was saying.
Niehart, Hppants, Full House and 5 others loved this
PhilJet09
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 FJR1300A

Post by PhilJet09 »

wheatonFJR wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:55 pm
I love the people I ride with. They have literally saved my bacon and they're funny as hell over the comms.

Yep. There’s the thing.
wheatonFJR and FJRPittsburgh loved this
RIP Beemerdons, Petey, JWilly, 1911

Calm is a skill.
“Courage is the first virtue.” Andrew Klavan
“Because “someday” is not a day of the week…” Wayne
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by Hppants »

I stand corrected - we were heading south, but heading TO lake Whitfield on 180 to have a picnic.

One day I’ll ride with you guys.
wheatonFJR loved this

D-Eagle
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR
2003 Honda VTX1800
2023 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

Post by D-Eagle »

Took a 1/2 day Friday to take advantage of the last day of beautiful 65 degree Michigan weather. Waxed the FJR and took a ride North to a gas station 13 miles North that sells pure gas. Missed the exit and ended up much farther North in Flint. I did not drink the water. Came home and tested that all 3 digits of speedometer were still functional. Got pure gas and covered bike. Snowed and roads salted on Sunday....now she sleeps.
Niehart, PhilJet09, and wheatonFJR loved this
SE Ohio: Never trust a hill.
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran

Post by bill lumberg »

Never started it today. Went out to the garage, reset the trip meter, and decided that this will be a 5,000 mile December. No particular plan on how that will happen. I’m in the office part of the month. But it’s getting done.

Probably jinxed the weather. Time will tell.
HotRodZilla, Hppants, Cav47 and 1 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

bill lumberg wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 6:37 pm Never started it today. Went out to the garage, reset the trip meter, and decided that this will be a 5,000 mile December. No particular plan on how that will happen. I’m in the office part of the month. But it’s getting done.

Probably jinxed the weather. Time will tell.
Bucees world tour. Erm, Alabama and Texas tour. :D
bill lumberg loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.