What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by ionbeam »

Red wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 10:25 am
ionbeam wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 8:48 amRode it to work again today...cow byproducts slimed across the road. I paste that shit on my bike every day...
...Board of Health, zoning, EPA, Water Resources, Sewage Department and everybody I can name to that party. If nothing improves, take your complaint viral...
On FJR #1 we went down on buffalo shit, I'd hate to go down on FJR #2 on cow shit. Of course there was a witness to our buffalo shit induced front wheel tuck and pillions long slide along the buffalo byproduct covered ground. Pillion deserves some kind of award for her composure after that little incident.

The cow problem may have resolved itself. Over the past week the manure pile has been removed and spread across some of the fields. The cows which I see every day except the worst winter days have been missing the past two days. I'm beginning to suspect that they are now steaks, shoes and Harley assless chaps.
Hppants and gixxerjasen loved this
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

Today was the awards assembly at kiddo's school at 9am. After that he was eligible for early release, so, having taken the day off from work I signed him out and we went on a little 40 mile (his longest so far) ride for a picnic at a park a few towns over. Good times. We got our signals all worked out and him knowing what to do during braking and acceleration. At the end of the ride I got on a little coming off a stop sign and did some quick transitions through a few easy curves. On the exit and catching up to slower cars I heard from behind me "Wooooohooooo!" Yep, that's my boy!

danh600, Redfish, CraigRegs and 5 others loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

gixxerjasen wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm Today was the awards assembly at kiddo's school at 9am. After that he was eligible for early release, so, having taken the day off from work I signed him out and we went on a little 40 mile (his longest so far) ride for a picnic at a park a few towns over. Good times. We got our signals all worked out and him knowing what to do during braking and acceleration. At the end of the ride I got on a little coming off a stop sign and did some quick transitions through a few easy curves. On the exit and catching up to slower cars I heard from behind me "Wooooohooooo!" Yep, that's my boy!

Man, what a good looking kid.

What's the postman's name?

Seriously though...that is a good day! So when does he get the keys to the gixxer?
Cav47 loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

wheatonFJR wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:13 pm Seriously though...that is a good day! So when does he get the keys to the gixxer?
He's got a CRF, that he's probably about outgrown, much like his gear that he's always outgrowing. We'll see the next time we get a chance to go ride.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
Uncle Hud
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES, with new fairings!

Post by Uncle Hud »

Gassed it up, and filled the tires. Headed out tomorrow at 6 am.
BkerChuck, bill lumberg, and gixxerjasen loved this
*** You can't get into trouble in second gear. ***
IBA 62517
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

Handsome guy. A clear hoon in the making.
gixxerjasen wrote: Wed May 22, 2019 3:05 pm Today was the awards assembly at kiddo's school at 9am. After that he was eligible for early release, so, having taken the day off from work I signed him out and we went on a little 40 mile (his longest so far) ride for a picnic at a park a few towns over. Good times. We got our signals all worked out and him knowing what to do during braking and acceleration. At the end of the ride I got on a little coming off a stop sign and did some quick transitions through a few easy curves. On the exit and catching up to slower cars I heard from behind me "Wooooohooooo!" Yep, that's my boy!

EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Thank heavens that kid has the look of his mother.... ;)
Cav47 and wheatonFJR loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Pterodactyl
Veteran
FJRModel: R1250GSA w/ Sidecar

Post by Pterodactyl »

I believe he is thinking, "The sooner I get the old man off this bike, the sooner I can show him what it can do."
Cav47 and wheatonFJR loved this
Kevin
The Outpost
Silver City, MT
Hack
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by Hack »

Rode to werk...
Opened my top case to find my can of ginger ale has split open and drained...
Sure to be a nice sticky mess to clean up later
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2024 BMW R1300 GS

Post by CollingsBob »

I ordered a rear PR4GT tire..when it arrives I’ll do the relay arm/centre stand lubrication maintenance at the same time..
FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Post by FJRoss »

CollingsBob wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am I ordered a rear PR4GT tire..when it arrives I’ll do the relay arm/centre stand lubrication maintenance at the same time..
How many KM on that thing? Pretty sure that the relay arm would be OK for awhile but it has to be done sometime. That front pivot doesn't see as much road goo as the other two.
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

Rode it to work again.

This morning's weirdness:

I caught up to a convoy of trucks belonging to an Excavating Company. I have no idea what was on the open bed of the 18 wheeler in front of me, it was a huge metal box whose purpose I can't even guess at. The box was so tall that every time it passed under a tree it tore off leaves and branches to shower me. When we got to a main road I passed the truck in the intersection (and didn't get caught).

Then almost immediately got stuck behind a huge dump truck. I naively thought that the clouds of dirt and stones falling off the truck were going to be the big issue. Turns out that today is trash day for Plaistow and all the houses had trash cans by the street. If the cans had no lid the vacuum behind the truck would whip garbage out of the trash cans and into the air as if they were fall leafs. If the trash can did have a lid and the can wasn't too heavy the vacuum would suck the can over and whip it out into the road. In the winter time plow trucks can do the same thing but the effect on me is a lot less in a car ;) I'm sure the truck driver knew this was happening and his crowding the edge of the road every time he went past a can was no accident. At least on the bike I can slalom the trash cans and loose trash, the cars behind me, not so much. Advantage motorcycle :D
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Effen dump truck drivers!

I plan on changing the windshield on the new bike...
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

Pleasant ride in to work this morning. It was 77F so I did not have to use the grip heaters. It was only 91F for my ride home.
gixxerjasen and wheatonFJR loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Took the daughter on a 22 mile ride over to the “local” ice cream place. It’s pretty decent. Bit the best part is always riding over, paying for the treat, and listening to her blab away while she is eating hers.

Topics on the trip included
When can I wear the new helmet
When are the pants from the Canadian guy coming,
Who is Alex at BH Moto, and how can he sell stuff cheap?
What gloves am I gonna wear?

It was awesome.
Uncle Hud, gixxerjasen, bungie4 and 3 others loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2024 BMW R1300 GS

Post by CollingsBob »

FJRoss wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:24 am
CollingsBob wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 10:46 am I ordered a rear PR4GT tire..when it arrives I’ll do the relay arm/centre stand lubrication maintenance at the same time..
How many KM on that thing? Pretty sure that the relay arm would be OK for awhile but it has to be done sometime. That front pivot doesn't see as much road goo as the other two.
Almost 21,000km..
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Good stuff, Josh. Good stuff, indeed....
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

Ride in to work this morning was 73F. The bike felt so...perfect. Some mornings I have trouble getting the FJR to turn into the work parking lot. This was one of those mornings.
Hppants, wheatonFJR, and gixxerjasen loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.
danh600
Veteran
FJRModel: 2022 FJR1300ES

Post by danh600 »

Loaded the FJR into the trailer, but wait!!! That is a good thing.

It's been at the house sitting needing a valve check. Got that done so it's going back to live at the cabin. I do most of my riding from there, so the FJR is going to be getting lots more love.

Plan to do a nice ride tomorrow!
Hppants, wheatonFJR, and gixxerjasen loved this
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

Cav47 wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 11:37 pm Took the daughter on a 22 mile ride over to the “local” ice cream place. It’s pretty decent. Bit the best part is always riding over, paying for the treat, and listening to her blab away while she is eating hers.

It was awesome.
This. Line's youngest is like that. Jabbering away. Then she'll start singing to herself. Eventually it will trail off and be followed with several soft head bonks to the back of my helmet. She'll fall asleep back there and drape herself over my back. I chuckle and wake her up. She'll deny to the end that she fell asleep.

At this point, she'll remember that bikers wave at each other. She'll begin by waving at other bikers. Enthusiastically. Then it will be ppl driving their cars and eventually, ppl on the street, walking, waiting for the bus... Believe me guys wave back when their being waved at by a 16yr old girl.
Hppants and Cav47 loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.