What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
Post Reply
User avatar
silverback
Veteran
Posts: 1562
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm
FJRModel: 2005
Location: Wichita, KS
x 1
x 544

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by silverback » Mon May 14, 2018 1:09 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:
silverback wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 pm
wheatonFJR wrote: Brake fluid, nice yellow urine color after one year of usage. Clutch fluid - nice nasty grey. Flush your lines boyzzz.

Speedbleeders rock.
Did mine earlier in the year. Wish I had speed bleeders...ugh.

Any idea on the thread size for those? It appeaed the clutch was smaller possibly.
I could probably find out when I get home. I know that I bought them from BikeEffects and they listed the sizes for the FJR on their website...you could check there.
Works for me. Knowing the sizes makes it a quick trip down to Autobone, O'Really's, or Car Crust to procure them.
There's just too much what the fuck in this thread to know where to begin...
--BikerGeek

User avatar
Hppants
Veteran
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 pm
FJRModel: 2014
x 1372
x 1126

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by Hppants » Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Is it just me, or does the brake/clutch fluid seem to discolor quicker on the gen 1 than the gen 3? My gen 1 was NOT ABS, but I don't suppose that would matter.

The gen 3 eats tires faster too.

Hmmmmmm - maybe it's the right wrist......
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Image

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Mon May 14, 2018 1:29 pm

Alternatively, someone who is on THAT other place should be able to get that from the Bin O Facts.

See if this link helps...
https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-li ... -1300.html

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Mon May 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Hppants wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm
Is it just me, or does the brake/clutch fluid seem to discolor quicker on the gen 1 than the gen 3? My gen 1 was NOT ABS, but I don't suppose that would matter.

The gen 3 eats tires faster too.

Hmmmmmm - maybe it's the right wrist......
Nope to question 1. Question 2...my riding style has changed...definitely right wrist related, not Gen related...but you KNEW that already.

User avatar
fontanaman
Veteran
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm
FJRModel: 2009 ABS, 2017 DR650
Location: Spokane, Washington
x 766
x 877

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by fontanaman » Mon May 14, 2018 1:32 pm

I road it to Newman Lake Washington to help a friend with some chores. I didn't see this fellow though.

Image

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Mon May 14, 2018 1:46 pm

^^^^^

Alfred E. Neuman...Definitely an FJR rider.

User avatar
0face
Purveyor of Pr0n
Posts: 2495
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:30 pm
FJRModel: 2008
Location: Evanston, Illinois
x 234
x 1134

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by 0face » Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:Alternatively, someone who is on THAT other place should be able to get that from the Bin O Facts.

See if this link helps...
https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-li ... -1300.html
Speaking of Bin-O-facts, we should have one here. I think griff should work on that.
Uncle Hud and wheatonFJR loved this
"Lets all do what we can do to bring thick skinned, donkey raping shit eaters to this joint."
-Bust

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm

0face wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm
wheatonFJR wrote:Alternatively, someone who is on THAT other place should be able to get that from the Bin O Facts.

See if this link helps...
https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-li ... -1300.html
Speaking of Bin-O-facts, we should have one here. I think griff should work on that.
He's retired, he's ridden everywhere...sounds like a great choice.
fontanaman and Uncle Hud loved this

User avatar
fontanaman
Veteran
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm
FJRModel: 2009 ABS, 2017 DR650
Location: Spokane, Washington
x 766
x 877

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by fontanaman » Mon May 14, 2018 10:00 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:17 pm
0face wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 2:12 pm
wheatonFJR wrote:Alternatively, someone who is on THAT other place should be able to get that from the Bin O Facts.

See if this link helps...
https://spieglerusa.com/brakes/brake-li ... -1300.html
Speaking of Bin-O-facts, we should have one here. I think griff should work on that.
He's retired, he's ridden everywhere...sounds like a great choice.
In the corporate world we are put out to pasture. Here on a forum wheb we are nearing the end of our riding career we are assigned to create a bin of facts.
Last edited by fontanaman on Tue May 15, 2018 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hppants and wheatonFJR loved this

User avatar
raYzerman
Veteran
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am
FJRModel: 2014 A Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 2006 FJR Project
Location: Millgrove, Ontario, CA
x 413
x 1109

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by raYzerman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:11 am

silverback wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 12:31 pm
wheatonFJR wrote:
wheatonFJR wrote:
Sat May 12, 2018 8:28 am
... I should work on the bike soon. Brake fluid, wash it, that kinda thing.
Brake fluid, nice yellow urine color after one year of usage. Clutch fluid - nice nasty grey. Flush your lines boyzzz.

Speedbleeders rock.
Did mine earlier in the year. Wish I had speed bleeders...ugh.

Any idea on the thread size for those? It appeaed the clutch was smaller possibly.
Buy direct from SpeedBleeders, no better deal elsewhere, excellent service. Website has sizes, get the slightly longer one for the rear (same as fronts), the bleeder hose will stay on better.
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.

User avatar
raYzerman
Veteran
Posts: 2376
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am
FJRModel: 2014 A Root Beer, 2008 WR450F, 2006 FJR Project
Location: Millgrove, Ontario, CA
x 413
x 1109

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by raYzerman » Tue May 15, 2018 8:13 am

Hppants wrote:
Mon May 14, 2018 1:25 pm
Is it just me, or does the brake/clutch fluid seem to discolor quicker on the gen 1 than the gen 3? My gen 1 was NOT ABS, but I don't suppose that would matter.

The gen 3 eats tires faster too.

Hmmmmmm - maybe it's the right wrist......
Discoloration is relevant to heat, humidity and age. Clutch fluid will deteriorate more than brake.
Redfish loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.

User avatar
Hppants
Veteran
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:22 pm
FJRModel: 2014
x 1372
x 1126

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by Hppants » Tue May 15, 2018 8:30 am

I do understand that, Ray. But my Gen 1 was subjected to the same humidity as my Gen 3. However, I know that my Gen 3 goes through tires MUCH faster than my Gen 1 did. So, maybe it's the added heat.

My Redfish friend has been saying that I ride the Gen 3 faster than I rode the Gen 1. I'm starting to think he might be on to something....
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

Image

User avatar
Uncle Hud
Veteran
Posts: 1847
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:52 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES, scratched and gouged
Location: Smyrna, metro Atlanta
x 1982
x 711

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by Uncle Hud » Wed May 16, 2018 11:16 am

Rode it to work in the pouring rain to test waterproof-ness for a couple of big rides in a month or so.

Got a small wet spot at my navel, likely due to operator error (also proving I can screw up a velcro closure) but the big issue was leakage onto the inside of my visor. A new photo-sensitive Transitions visor, and the seal isn't perfect. I'll be working on that the remainder of the week ...
Last edited by Uncle Hud on Wed May 16, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
_________________ You can't get into trouble in second gear. _________________

User avatar
El Toro Joe
Veteran
Posts: 2396
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016ES
Location: North Coast of Ohio
x 1708
x 668

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by El Toro Joe » Wed May 16, 2018 11:41 am

Rode it to work...again
"RIP Petey"

User avatar
ionbeam
Veteran
Posts: 514
Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2013 7:14 am
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray
Location: Sandown, NH
x 51
x 685

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by ionbeam » Wed May 16, 2018 12:57 pm

If it weren't for work I wouldn't be getting any riding in so far this year. Bike is in the parking lot again today. I wimped out yesterday due to massive lightning storms with hail and flooding roads ≠ fun.
El Toro Joe loved this

User avatar
fontanaman
Veteran
Posts: 1504
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:38 pm
FJRModel: 2009 ABS, 2017 DR650
Location: Spokane, Washington
x 766
x 877

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by fontanaman » Wed May 16, 2018 11:39 pm

I will be riding the FJR from Spokane to Hood River Oregon. I am riding DamTour this year and I will visit six dams tomorrow. First overnight trip in 2018. Yeah!
Hppants and Cav47 loved this

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 2982
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 682
x 1167

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by bungie4 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am

I don't ride in town anymore because I just can't manage that many fucktards at once. They're calling for $2/l gas by summer. If thats the case, I'll have to work on my fucktard management skills. Until then I'll stay in my 4600lb Tacoma.
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am

bungie4 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am
I don't ride in town anymore because I just can't manage that many fucktards at once. They're calling for $2/l gas by summer. If thats the case, I'll have to work on my fucktard management skills. Until then I'll stay in my 4600lb Tacoma.
I thought that Canadian shale oil would get you guys a break, that's fookin 7-8$ a gallon!

My fucktard mgmnt skillz are zero...thus the cage for commuting, otherwise I'd be pulled over for reckless for all the speeding away from fucktards to keep my ass safe.

Oh, yeah, today I put 40psi in my front tire. Bike is packed and ready for Hungry Mother on Sat/Sun.

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 2982
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 682
x 1167

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by bungie4 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am

wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am
bungie4 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am
I don't ride in town anymore because I just can't manage that many fucktards at once. They're calling for $2/l gas by summer. If thats the case, I'll have to work on my fucktard management skills. Until then I'll stay in my 4600lb Tacoma.
I thought that Canadian shale oil would get you guys a break, that's fookin 7-8$ a gallon!

My fucktard mgmnt skillz are zero...thus the cage for commuting, otherwise I'd be pulled over for reckless for all the speeding away from fucktards to keep my ass safe.

Oh, yeah, today I put 40psi in my front tire. Bike is packed and ready for Hungry Mother on Sat/Sun.
Pack your water wings and a PFD.
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
wheatonFJR
I post more than I ride
Posts: 7066
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 5811
x 2917

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Thu May 17, 2018 9:00 am

bungie4 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:37 am
wheatonFJR wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 am
bungie4 wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 7:12 am
I don't ride in town anymore because I just can't manage that many fucktards at once. They're calling for $2/l gas by summer. If thats the case, I'll have to work on my fucktard management skills. Until then I'll stay in my 4600lb Tacoma.
I thought that Canadian shale oil would get you guys a break, that's fookin 7-8$ a gallon!

My fucktard mgmnt skillz are zero...thus the cage for commuting, otherwise I'd be pulled over for reckless for all the speeding away from fucktards to keep my ass safe.

Oh, yeah, today I put 40psi in my front tire. Bike is packed and ready for Hungry Mother on Sat/Sun.
Pack your water wings and a PFD.
Just because it's going to rain each day does not mean it will be raining everywhere all day. If it rains for an hour or two during the weekend where we are at what's the big deal? If it rains 30% of the ride, what's the big deal? I have the other 70%. Now, we may get wet, but if I listened to weather channel to determine whether I rode or not, I'd never ride. BTW, that's why they put sipes in tires...so you CAN ride in inclement weather. Otherwise we'd all be on racing slicks.

Post Reply