New guy with a new to me FJR

Stop in & tell us who you are, where you are from, etc.
fontanaman
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2017 FJR, 2017 DR650

Re: New guy with a new to me FJR

Post by fontanaman »

Bigfoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am I'm not sure what accessories I might need. Keep in mind I have been riding a 79 xs1100 for the past 10 years or so. What the bike has now is night and day compared to what I'm used to. One thing I think I do want is bar risers and some case guards.

I will get out there and check for the leak this morning Ivan. Bummed because I was planning on riding it for work today.

As far as beer, how much will it carry? Very important question, some of the assholes I ride with drink alot. :)

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I am the only ass hole I ride with and it's always with me.

Welcome to the forum.
silverback
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005

Re: RE: Re: New guy with a new to me FJR

Post by silverback »

fontanaman wrote:
Bigfoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am I'm not sure what accessories I might need. Keep in mind I have been riding a 79 xs1100 for the past 10 years or so. What the bike has now is night and day compared to what I'm used to. One thing I think I do want is bar risers and some case guards.

I will get out there and check for the leak this morning Ivan. Bummed because I was planning on riding it for work today.

As far as beer, how much will it carry? Very important question, some of the assholes I ride with drink alot. :)

I am the only ass hole I ride with and it's always with me.

Welcome to the forum.
If the guys you ride with aren't assholes, you need to find a new crew. If you're not asshole enough to laugh at the guys using spray on road grime for their trailer queens, you're missing out on a lot of fun.

Just saying.

Image Image Image

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There's just too much what the f@$k in this thread to know where to begin...
--BikerGeek
Abercrombie FJR
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Post by Abercrombie FJR »

Bigfoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am I'm not sure what accessories I might need.
You won't need any accessories but if you hang around the rest of the clowns here you will be broke in no time buying shit you didn't even know you needed and tearing apart a perfectly good bike to grease some unseen spline that even Yamaha didn't think needed grease.

Welcome to the forum! I hope to meet up with you some day.
Redfish loved this
Have you done anything to improve your rider skills or knowledge lately?

2014 FJR, 2013 Super Tenere, 2019 Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, 2006 Ducati 999, 2018 Beta 500 RR-S, 2016 Scorpa 300, 2020 Yamaha WR250R.
silverback
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005

Post by silverback »

Abercrombie FJR wrote:
Bigfoot wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:09 am I'm not sure what accessories I might need.
You won't need any accessories but if you hang around the rest of the clowns here you will be broke in no time buying shit you didn't even know you needed and tearing apart a perfectly good bike to grease some unseen spline that even Yamaha didn't think needed grease.

True this.

But go buy some plexus, right angle valve stems, tinted windows screen, fender extenders, reflective decals, disk lock, flashy aux brake lights, super loud fog horn, heated pegs, 4,000,000 candella driving lights, slipper clutch mods, titanium exhaust, power commander, throttle Meister, mirror extenders, bar risers, kick stand height adjuster, adjustable dog bones, block off plates, throttle tamer, aux fuse block, and of course a custom fit bike cover…because you "need" them.

Yeah. Need…

There's just too much what the f@$k in this thread to know where to begin...
--BikerGeek
Abercrombie FJR
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Post by Abercrombie FJR »

silverback wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 am
Abercrombie FJR wrote:

True this.

But go buy some plexus, right angle valve stems, tinted windows screen, fender extenders, reflective decals, disk lock, flashy aux brake lights, super loud fog horn, heated pegs, 4,000,000 candella driving lights, slipper clutch mods, titanium exhaust, power commander, throttle Meister, mirror extenders, bar risers, kick stand height adjuster, adjustable dog bones, block off plates, throttle tamer, aux fuse block, and of course a custom fit bike cover…because you "need" them.

Yeah. Need…

Dang Silverback, there is more truth than humor in your statement, and it hurts. I've purchased 15 of the 23 items you've listed with the assistance of this forum. :o

By the way where does a guy get a set of those heated pegs? :stickpoke:
Have you done anything to improve your rider skills or knowledge lately?

2014 FJR, 2013 Super Tenere, 2019 Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, 2006 Ducati 999, 2018 Beta 500 RR-S, 2016 Scorpa 300, 2020 Yamaha WR250R.
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Post by LKLD »

Kevin, when in doubt...JC Whitney. :D
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

silverback wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2017 2:29 am But go buy some plexus, right angle valve stems, tinted windows screen, fender extenders, reflective decals, disk lock, flashy aux brake lights, super loud fog horn, heated pegs, 4,000,000 candella driving lights, slipper clutch mods, titanium exhaust, power commander, throttle Meister, mirror extenders, bar risers, kick stand height adjuster, adjustable dog bones, block off plates, throttle tamer, aux fuse block, and of course a custom fit bike cover…because you "need" them.

Yeah. Need…

Uh...I hate to be rude but his bike is an '08. He won't need the Power Commander or the throttle tamer. :D

While I was never a fan of the AE I did love the color of the '08 AE. That Charcoal Gray looks very good on that bike. Yours is in beautiful shape. Welcome to the forum.
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.