Tech Day in North Georgia

Tech section strictly for the FJR. Everything from oil changes & suspension setup's to removing sheep hair from hard to reach places on the bike so that your wife never finds out.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: Tech Day in North Georgia

Post by wheatonFJR »

Toter wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm Loosen those bolts Wheatie! Not sure if Jwilly or Lumberg have tire machines.
My Nomar isn't exactly portable. I'm sure jwilly or MrLumberg will be glad to hand you some tire irons if you need 'em.

I don't go to Tech Days much...do people change tires at Tech Days? Or do they do valve checks, fork oil changes, and feeling the pumpkin up and down...
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
Burnspot
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015ES, 2020 Super Tenere

Post by Burnspot »

Intech wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:38 pm The best thing about hosting a tech day is it forces me to do a deep clean and organize annually. No more excuses Nate! You host one and I will be there!
natehawk750 wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:25 pm
Intech wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:36 pm You have a nice garage...

This is true but it's full of "still doing finishing touches to my house projects".

Heck I just sorta finished my driveway a few months ago.
You also have homemade chilly and liquor...
:lol:
Scott
https://burnspot.smugmug.com/
RIP Petey, Jason, and Don...JSNS
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

In the past, we have done a tire or two at tech days....... PITA to drag along the tire changer...... you spend quite a bit of time for something routine..... tars likely should be done on yer own??
wheatonFJR loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
Toter
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR 1300 ES "Renee", 2014 BMW R1200 GS "Sascha", 2021 BMW R1250GS Rallye, 2016 DRZ 400S (Bush Piglet)

Post by Toter »

raYzerman wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:17 pm In the past, we have done a tire or two at tech days....... PITA to drag along the tire changer...... you spend quite a bit of time for something routine..... tars likely should be done on yer own??
Never been to a tech day. Thought you guys did tires at them. No biggee, I am not in need anyway. At the BMW F.A.R.T. in Sept., a guy brought a lift and tire changer. Set up in parking lot and did tech sessions. It was pretty cool really.
Looks like May 14-15 is the weekend. Checked with ElToroJoe, he is ok with that date.
I spent most of my money on guns, motorcycles, women, and whiskey. The rest I just wasted!
jwilly
Site Admin
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016

Post by jwilly »

Toter wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm Not sure if Jwilly or Lumberg have tire machines.
I change a lot of tires but i'm old school and spoon them on/off. Tire changers are for sissys.. (Like Wheaton)

If you have never been to a tech day, It's basically pull a bike in the shop, pick up and few tools and start drinking and bullshitting. Wake up the next morning in what appears to be a homeless shelter.

So in other words, I will join in.
Road Runner, BikerGeek, natehawk750 and 2 others loved this
I’d be more than happy to swear under oath that having watched you ride for many, many miles, there is no way in hell you could be speeding through those curves. -0face
Road Runner
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR Advanced Edition
1987 KLR 650 Thumper

Post by Road Runner »

jwilly wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm
Toter wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 9:29 pm Not sure if Jwilly or Lumberg have tire machines.
I change a lot of tires but i'm old school and spoon them on/off. Tire changers are for sissys.. (Like Wheaton)

If you have never been to a tech day, It's basically pull a bike in the shop, pick up and few tools and start drinking and bullshitting. Wake up the next morning in what appears to be a homeless shelter.

So in other words, I will join in,and want to spoon with some sissys.

Fixed it for ya jwilly.
jwilly, BikerGeek, Burnspot and 3 others loved this
"A biker never knows" - Tim Allen

Art
BikerGeek
Veteran
FJRModel: 2004

Post by BikerGeek »

Road Runner wrote: Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:04 am
jwilly wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:23 pm

So in other words, I will join in,and want to spoon with some sissys.

Fixed it for ya jwilly.
Be especially careful if TimDOG and Deagle are there. They have some weird 'thing' aboot earplugs.

Maybe it's a Michigan thing? I dunno.

JSNS
D-Eagle, Intech, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
"Having THIS bunch of guys paying attention to you is like being the world's tallest midget."
- 0face