The Truncated Trifecta - A [s]three plus[/s] two week Odyssey throughout the West

Public Ride & Trip report sub-forum.

Ride reports (RR) posted here are view-able to non-member readers, no log in will be required to visit this sub-forum - use this sub-forum if you want friends, family, co-workers who are not members of the site to be able to read and follow along.
escapefjrtist
Veteran
FJRModel: '15 FJR 1300A

Re: The Trifecta - A three plus week Odyssey throughout the West/Pacific North West

Post by escapefjrtist »

Good times today...bit of rain, cooler temps and new roads!

~G
wheatonFJR and Tyler loved this
IBA34365
'15 FJR-USD-A
'18 Tenere
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021 BMW R1250GSA "Gray Ghost II"

Re: The Trifecta - A three plus week Odyssey throughout the West/Pacific North West

Post by bigjohnsd »

Day Nine - Ely NV to YFO at the Virginia Settlement- turned over 3,000 miles on the trip at the US 395 Junction.

https://www.relive.cc/view/v36AgRDgDZv
Relive Video Link a few pix.

No smoke here, we rode in heavy smoke most of the day, the prevailing wind takes it just East of here.

Tomorrow will be an easy day probably Sonora Pass over and back. Saturday a run on the gravel to Bodie and them a dirt run from Bodie to Bridgeport.

No sign of Miss "T" yet? DCarver is in the house along with Fontanaman, EscapeFJRtist, Paxman, JREW, and the inestimable Kip Walker.
Steel_Gin, Bugnatr, and Niehart loved this
"The only Dumb Question is the unasked Question " - Anonymous
Eat every Sandwich like it is your last!
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by bigjohnsd »

Day 10 - Short day today, Up to 108, Sonora Pass, over to Dardenelle and back with a stop in Bridgeport for lunch. Ran into Panman in Bridgeport, he joined us for lunch.

Relive Video
https://www.relive.cc/view/vQvydQL3oKq
Steel_Gin and Niehart loved this
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by bigjohnsd »

As will be readily apparent, I'm no longer headed West. Combination of feeling "crappy", literally, and the potential for awful 😖 smoke in La Pine caused me to "Truncate the Trifecta".

Saturday afternoon we rode down to Mamoth and found the HD Pan American Demo Truck. When Kip and I arrived there was no one lse in line to rude the 15 demo bikes. George and Kevin arrived shortly after us and we all got to take a 50 mile paved demo with no "minders".

The Pan American is an awesome 👌 motorcycle! Ask George for his butt dyno performance opinion. Truly a "Houligan" bike!

After riding on road they turned Kip and I loose on two knobby equipped bikes for a ten mile gravel loop.

Here is today's Relive Video with some photos from yesterday included too.

https://www.relive.cc/view/vKv2ydRVy4q
escapefjrtist and CollingsBob loved this
bigjohnsd
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Re: The Truncated Trifecta - A [s]three plus[/s] two week Odyssey throughout the West

Post by bigjohnsd »

Today - Evanston WY to Spearfish

https://www.relive.cc/view/vNOPYDEVwY6
Todays Relive Video

The entire trip.

I'm feeling much better, and when I stepped on the scale I'd lost weight since I left home!

Hot and smokey from Buffalo WY to home. The warmest Temps of the entire trip 97F.
wheatonFJR and Tyler loved this
Steel_Gin
Veteran
FJRModel: 2012 FJR1300A

Re: The Truncated Trifecta - A [s]three plus[/s] two week Odyssey throughout the West

Post by Steel_Gin »

Sorry to see you had to cut it short and glad you are feeling better!! Thanks for posting!! Reading RR's is helping me prepare for my big trip west in a couple years. Hopefully Tyler can plan one more YFO. ;)
bigjohnsd loved this