What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016 ES

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by LKLD »

Uncle Hud wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:07 pm Rode it to work the past two mornings, just like BkerChuck. However, mine's been in the shop for a month getting a shift fork replaced under YES warranty. (Three weeks of that month were YES negotiations between the shop and Momma Yama.)

So, you can get in trouble in 2nd gear.
Uncle Hud, John d, bungie4 and 2 others loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don,Petey, & Jason レイクランド
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

480 miles today. The weather was absolutely perfect and we had a blast.

Vibration is noticeably smoother after the T/B sync. Fuel mileage is back to normal. Life is good.
LKLD and bigjohnsd loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Rode it to work this morning. 21 degrees but clear dry roads. Day 680 consecutive but forecast tomorrow looks as bad or worse than anything I've dealt with. Guess I'll see what Mother Nature has in mind.
Spininprop, LKLD, and raYzerman loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

BkerChuck wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 am Rode it to work this morning. 21 degrees but clear dry roads. Day 680 consecutive but forecast tomorrow looks as bad or worse than anything I've dealt with. Guess I'll see what Mother Nature has in mind.
680 is a good number. Don't want to see more posts of you picking it up off the ground. Please be careful and sensible.
wheatonFJR loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
Full House
FJRModel: 2010

Post by Full House »

gixxerjasen wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm
BkerChuck wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:22 am Rode it to work this morning. 21 degrees but clear dry roads. Day 680 consecutive but forecast tomorrow looks as bad or worse than anything I've dealt with. Guess I'll see what Mother Nature has in mind.
680 is a good number. Don't want to see more posts of you picking it up off the ground. Please be careful and sensible.
Yes Chuck, be sensible. You have far surpassed 99.9% of all riders. Be Safe.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

gixxerjasen wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:01 pm
Yeah, we get enough of that from Hud....
Uncle Hud loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

Plugged in the battery tender, in preparation for the upcoming sub-zero temperatures.
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran

Post by LKLD »

Friggin' Canadians and their Polar Vortex.
NTXFJR, raYzerman, and wheatonFJR loved this
BkerChuck
Veteran

Post by BkerChuck »

It was inevitable. Sooner or later the weather guessers would get it right and this time they did. Snow began to fall early Tuesday morning and continued throughout the day yesterday leaving us with a couple of inches of white death on the roads. Bitter cold and near record low temps have followed and the roads in and out of my development are a skating rink. I managed to ride to work Monday but had the feeling that my streak may come to an end if forecasts were correct. It's possible I could have gone out just after midnight Monday and gotten my mileage for Tuesday but I just knew that if forecasts were even close to accurate the following few days would still be unsafe to ride so with great sadness I parked the bike.

680 days of consecutive riding have been interrupted. Mother Nature has taken me to Cleveland.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and support and following along on my not so little adventure!
Uncle Hud, Redfish, tominca and 9 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Kudos to you Chuck! I have even more respect for you knowing that you didn't go out in a mass of twisted metal.
BkerChuck, Hppants, raYzerman and 2 others loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

LKLD wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:24 pm Friggin' Canadians and their Polar Vortex.
At least its a dry cold. :D
NTXFJR, gixxerjasen, and LKLD loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran

Post by LKLD »

BkerChuck wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:40 am It was inevitable. Sooner or later the weather guessers would get it right and this time they did. Snow began to fall early Tuesday morning and continued throughout the day yesterday leaving us with a couple of inches of white death on the roads. Bitter cold and near record low temps have followed and the roads in and out of my development are a skating rink. I managed to ride to work Monday but had the feeling that my streak may come to an end if forecasts were correct. It's possible I could have gone out just after midnight Monday and gotten my mileage for Tuesday but I just knew that if forecasts were even close to accurate the following few days would still be unsafe to ride so with great sadness I parked the bike.

680 days of consecutive riding have been interrupted. Mother Nature has taken me to Cleveland.

Thanks to all for the encouragement and support and following along on my not so little adventure!
Congratulations, Chuck, on quite the accomplishment! Both 680 days and knowing when to say no.
BkerChuck, wheatonFJR, and Hppants loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by Hppants »

Couldn't agree more with Rob. You've got quite a story to tell your grandkids, now. Quite an accomplishment, to be sure.
BkerChuck loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."

gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

Hey Chuck, that's quite the accomplishment. On the flip side, the pressure is off of you and now you can ride whenever you really really want to, not because you feel like you have to.
Redfish and BkerChuck loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
BkerChuck
Veteran

Post by BkerChuck »

Really do appreciate all of the comments. I've done 3 IBA Saddlesore rides so far with plans to do some more and I have the plate backer and proudly display it. I've gotta say this, riding every day, even for just a 10 mile loop, for more than a year is far tougher. Quite a few mornings it would have been far easier to just get up and grab the keys to my truck than to gear up and ride to work in the rain or bitter cold. Display in my truck showed -9 this morning on my way to work. It's supposed to be 58 on Tuesday.
El Toro Joe loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by Hppants »

I learned one thing about B/C over the past 680 days. If he says he's gonna do something, you can take it to the bank. Looking forward to meeting you one day soon, my friend. I'd like to buy you a beer.
gixxerjasen loved this

BkerChuck
Veteran

Post by BkerChuck »

Pants, you're on the list of folks from here I want to meet as well. FWIW none of this was ever meant as bragging. After following my pal Blaine Paulus on FB and seeing how many consecutive days he'd ridden I just decided I wanted to try it for myself and see how far I could go with it. I'm happy with the results. I accomplished what I set out to do with both a "perfect year" and a "perfect calendar year" on only my second attempt and all of my miles were on complete street bikes primarily the FJR. I think this further proves the durability of these machines and their ability to handle an almost insane variety of weather, road conditions, daily wear and tear, and ease of maintenance to keep them going.

I will continue to ride every day that it's safe to ride but doubt I will track it with quite the same ........intensity? as I have to date. When money and garage space allow I will add a small dual sport to the stable. Blaine has already offered me his assistance in studding up a set of knobbies for snow and ice use......
Redfish, Hppants, and gixxerjasen loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

YOU may not have been bragging but I certainly bragged about you to a lot of folks. The HD fellows mostly just thought you were stupid, but the guys I know that actually know what it's like to ride a motorcycle and could actually understand what that sort of commitment required were in awe.

I personally am in Awe. I haven't ridden anything anywhere in months and I have had opportunities.

Gixxerjasen is right (Dammit I hate typing that), no longer feeling a pressure and an obligation to ride is a Good Thing. Stay Safe.
NTXFJR, El Toro Joe, Hppants and 3 others loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran

Post by LKLD »

The wife and I took a little ride today, with temperatures reaching 85d. So it was a mesh kinda day. :D
wheatonFJR and Redfish loved this
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

I didn't do anything to the FJR (yet) but I did buy and then replace the tires on my Yamaha 4 wheeler. I am getting too old and too fat to crawl around busting tires. Special thanks to my Massey Fergusson and its front end loader for helping bust the bead off the rims.
raYzerman and wheatonFJR loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.