What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by Hppants »

Speaking of heated gear, I just repaired the liner connection that plugs into the controller.

Otherwise, the old red girl sits in the shop while it rains on us. Tomorrow is another day....
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

I lived. It was very cold. Hands and feet were like blocks. It was an adventure. Son is very happy it’s with dad while he’s away.
CollingsBob, jwilly, gixxerjasen and 2 others loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

bill lumberg wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 1:26 pm I lived. It was very cold. Hands and feet were like blocks. It was an adventure. Son is very happy it’s with dad while he’s away.
Good deal...and here's to your son...May he be safe and well wherever he goes, along with his buddies.
jwilly, gixxerjasen, Hppants and 2 others loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2024 BMW R1300 GS

Post by CollingsBob »

Today I ordered speedbleeders ...thanks to raYzerman for the details on what to order..
rbentnail and bill lumberg loved this
rbentnail
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007A, 2013A

Post by rbentnail »

CollingsBob wrote: Sat Jan 12, 2019 4:42 pm Today I ordered speedbleeders ...thanks to raYzerman for the details on what to order..
You'll be glad you did. I'm on my 3rd bike with them. Plus 2 of the wife's cars and 2 of my F150s. Never had 0ne fail or leak.

Didi you order the hose too?
CollingsBob loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

150 miles today with a buddy. 45 degrees and dry roads, although the air was damp and the sun would not come out. heated liner worked though, and we made the best of it. It was OK - not great, but "OK". If my buddy wouldn't have brought up the subject, I would have slept in this morning.
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran

Post by CollingsBob »

Purchased a NIB Nline dash shelf from a fellow in California on one of the other sandboxes..Thanks to raYzerman for letting me pick his brains regarding gps placement and dash shelves in general...
escapefjrtist
Veteran
FJRModel: '15 FJR 1300A

Post by escapefjrtist »

Finally wired up the new V47 with an Admore LED kit. Scored a short ride yesterday...always a bonus during the PNW wet season!

~G
LKLD and CollingsBob loved this
IBA34365
'15 FJR-USD-A
'18 Tenere
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Managed to ride to work 3 of 5 days last week. Got rides in after work on the other 2 days. Snuck in about 20 miles yesterday before the weather turned with snow predicted to start around lunchtime. This kept my streak alive and put me up to 671 consecutive days of riding 10 miles or more on the street. Having gotten through not only my first ever "perfect year" but also in 2018 a perfect calendar year I'd already decided that this year if the weather got too ugly I would call a stop to the madness. We were expected to get up to 8 inches of snow by this morning and temps are supposed to drop to bitterly cold levels overnight Sunday into Monday morning. I really expected to get up this morning and call it wrap. Mother Nature cut my area a break and we had about 2 inches of snow. We'd loaded our driveway with all of the household vehicles so shoveling was a breeze and the temps are not nearly as cold as expected. I went for a ride about an hour ago using my "cheat route" an easy 11 miles using the nearby interstate to run about 2 exits south then turned and headed back. Day 672 safely in the books.

I don't foresee riding to work in the morning as everything will refreeze overnight. We'll see what Monday afternoon brings.
tominca, El Toro Joe, FJRPittsburgh and 1 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran

Post by CollingsBob »

Today I ordered a Cardo Freecom 1..and a Saddleman 12” tailbag ..
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Rode it to work the past 2 mornings. Took rides after work the first 3 days of the week. Day 677 now in the books. Right around freezing this morning. Knew where the slick spots would likely be and carefully avoided them. Forecast looks fair for the next several days and sneaking in a daily ride should be attainable. Next really ugly weather looks like nest Wednesday with arctic cold and highs in the teens. Heated gear is earning it's keep. Running some Ring Free through it in preparation for a valve check soon.
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

weather has not been cooperative...so all I've done to the bike lately is look at it, sitting there in the corner. :cry:
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Same here.
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

Same here. Were getting into the time of winter where, beyond the usual storms, it snows .5" every night. Big whoop right? F'n right big whoop. That shit adds up. I think we've got about 24" on the ground right now.
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
CraigRegs
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 15ES

Post by CraigRegs »

Moved it so I could tear apart the snowblower, which gave up when it bit into the glacier at the end of the driveway. >sigh<
Craig
----------------
...the Pursuit of Happiness
Red
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A
Location: near the Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III, Orion Spur of the Milky Way galaxy.

Post by Red »

CraigRegs wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:13 amMoved it so I could tear apart the snowblower, which gave up when it bit into the glacier at the end of the driveway. >sigh<
CraigRegs,

Check the shear pins. Do not replace them with common bolts; they need to break, to save the equipment. Use factory pins only. I get mine from Amazon, after the local dealer here decided he needed a new car, on my dime.

Most snowthrowers have .PDF parts/maintenance manuals on-line that you can download, if you need one.

Hope that helps.
gixxerjasen loved this
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
Yeah, I ride motorcycles. I know why dogs put their heads out of the car windows.
Yeah, I fly hang gliders (3000 hrs.+). I know why the birds sing.
Uncle Hud
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES, with new fairings!

Post by Uncle Hud »

Rode it to work the past two mornings, just like BkerChuck. However, mine's been in the shop for a month getting a shift fork replaced under YES warranty. (Three weeks of that month were YES negotiations between the shop and Momma Yama.)

Who cares that temps were in the low 30s? Sunshine and an operating FJR have been a blast. It's good to be reunited with those you love.
Last edited by Uncle Hud on Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gixxerjasen loved this
*** You can't get into trouble in second gear. ***
IBA 62517
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

The most motorcycle activity since November. I pushed it around in the garage to make it easier to get the snowblower out. Then I hauled off and removed the passenger seat and fished out a Rok Strap for non-motorcycle endeavors.
Red wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
CraigRegs wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:13 amMoved it so I could tear apart the snowblower, which gave up when it bit into the glacier at the end of the driveway. >sigh<
CraigRegs,
Check the shear pins...Use factory pins only...
Hope that helps.
Someone in my household likes to put landscaping features (olde milling stones, bricks, rocks, etc.) in our driveways just before it snows. I find them with the auger of my snowblower, therefore I always have a bag of shear pins (mechanical fuses?) on hand.
Last edited by ionbeam on Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wheatonFJR loved this
ionbeam
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: '15ES in Low-Viz Assfault Gray

Post by ionbeam »

CraigRegs
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 15ES

Post by CraigRegs »

Red wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:56 am
CraigRegs,

Check the shear pins. Do not replace them with common bolts; they need to break, to save the equipment. Use factory pins only. I get mine from Amazon, after the local dealer here decided he needed a new car, on my dime.

Most snowthrowers have .PDF parts/maintenance manuals on-line that you can download, if you need one.

Hope that helps.
It's a belt. New one on order. Because who would stock such a thing in the middle of winter.
Red and Uncle Hud loved this
Craig
----------------
...the Pursuit of Happiness