2020 FJRiders.com Calendar Contest is underway! Vote Here!

What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
Post Reply
User avatar
raYzerman
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 3727
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am
FJRModel: 2014 A Root Beer, 2009 CBF1000A
Location: Millgrove, Ontario, CA
x 950
x 2506

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by raYzerman » Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:17 pm

Moved it off the lift to another part of the shop, put a cover on it, moved the project bike around, made way for my buddy bringing his Goldwing over for front fork rebuild and to check out the rear pumpkin.. in a coupla days.
FJRPittsburgh loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.

User avatar
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm
FJRModel: 2008 AE
Location: Canonsburg, PA
x 1054
x 468

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by FJRPittsburgh » Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm

Trevor and I took the Tracer GT and FJR out for a nice cold December ride. When we got back, we noticed salt all over both bikes. We did a really good job of cleaning every nook and cranny of both bikes. They're both sparkling clean.

I didn't post up a picture of the perfectly spotless GT because I didn't want to put a dent in raYzerman's wallet. I can be so kind during the holiday season.
bill lumberg, bigjohnsd, and wheatonFJR loved this

BkerChuck
Veteran
Posts: 945
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:02 am
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A
x 578
x 1053

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by BkerChuck » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:18 am

Rode it to work this morning. Day 652 consecutive ride and also the end of my first ever perfect calendar year of riding. How long will the streak continue? Stay tuned and we'll see.
CraigRegs, Hppants, and El Toro Joe loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866

User avatar
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 3029
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016ES
Location: North Coast of Ohio
x 3000
x 1204

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by El Toro Joe » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am

Well...I guess yesterday was my last ride of the year. But hopefully tomorrow will be the first ride of 2019
FJRPittsburgh, bill lumberg, and Hppants loved this
"RIP Petey"

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 1534
x 2417

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by gixxerjasen » Mon Dec 31, 2018 12:36 pm

FJRPittsburgh wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm
I didn't post up a picture of the perfectly spotless GT because I didn't want to put a dent in raYzerman's wallet. I can be so kind during the holiday season.
Heck, post it, I'd love to see it.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 10441
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 12559
x 5981

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:59 pm

FJRPittsburgh wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm
Trevor and I took the Tracer GT and FJR out for a nice cold December ride. When we got back, we noticed salt all over both bikes. We did a really good job of cleaning every nook and cranny of both bikes. They're both sparkling clean.
Did you get the surfaces between the nut and the washer? If it wasn't liquid salt spray, I'm sure you'll be good. If there was wet to it, it will wick into those spaces. Damhik.
"Excuse me, but I’m off to kick a hole in the sky..."
-Luke Skywalker

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 1382
x 2098

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by bungie4 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:26 pm

Yup. I live in the land of the rust bucket. I learned long ago, do not bring anything out of the garage that you don't want to rust. Their is no escape once exposed.

Dip your bike in ACF-50. It'll look like shit forever. But it won't be rusty shit.
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm
FJRModel: 2008 AE
Location: Canonsburg, PA
x 1054
x 468

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by FJRPittsburgh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 5:55 pm

wheatonFJR wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:59 pm
FJRPittsburgh wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 4:00 pm
Trevor and I took the Tracer GT and FJR out for a nice cold December ride. When we got back, we noticed salt all over both bikes. We did a really good job of cleaning every nook and cranny of both bikes. They're both sparkling clean.
Did you get the surfaces between the nut and the washer? If it wasn't liquid salt spray, I'm sure you'll be good. If there was wet to it, it will wick into those spaces. Damhik.
Not a problem at all. Clean and beautiful. I've had multiple bikes over the years in this Pittsburgh Winter weather. No problem washing off the salt. It's not washing it off that causes problems.

Last year, Trevor rode his bike in the Winter and went back to school. I noticed his bike was salt infested in the Spring. We cleaned everything up and you'd never know how dirty it was.

Riding in that crap isn't bad if you meticulously clean everything. There in lies the problem. You end up spending more time cleaning than riding. Kinda like BikerGeek does, ya know.
wheatonFJR loved this

User avatar
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm
FJRModel: 2017 FJR1300ES
1953 “C” Vincent Rapide
Location: Winnipeg
x 1551
x 548

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by CollingsBob » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:27 pm

-38 with the windchill this morning. I decided to take the Lexus with it’s heated seats, heated steering wheel instead of the FJR...I know, crazy huh..
bungie4, raYzerman, and wheatonFJR loved this

User avatar
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm
FJRModel: 2008 AE
Location: Canonsburg, PA
x 1054
x 468

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by FJRPittsburgh » Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:51 pm

El Toro Joe wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:34 am
Well...I guess yesterday was my last ride of the year. But hopefully tomorrow will be the first ride of 2019
We're planning on doing the same here Joe. Happy New Year!
El Toro Joe loved this

User avatar
bungie4
Veteran
Posts: 4154
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:43 pm
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300
x 1382
x 2098

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by bungie4 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am

CollingsBob wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:27 pm
-38 with the windchill this morning. I decided to take the Lexus with it’s heated seats, heated steering wheel instead of the FJR...I know, crazy huh..
Go stand at the corner of Portage and Main and yell at the weather. No worries about offending anyone, they won't hear you over the wind howling.
Cav47 loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Note: The FJR1300ES offers a significant level of power & performance. It is not intended for novice or inexperienced riders.
Choo choo mf'r.

User avatar
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm
FJRModel: 2017 FJR1300ES
1953 “C” Vincent Rapide
Location: Winnipeg
x 1551
x 548

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by CollingsBob » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:50 am

bungie4 wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:17 am
CollingsBob wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 6:27 pm
-38 with the windchill this morning. I decided to take the Lexus with it’s heated seats, heated steering wheel instead of the FJR...I know, crazy huh..
Go stand at the corner of Portage and Main and yell at the weather. No worries about offending anyone, they won't hear you over the wind howling.
Let me think if I’m seriously worried about offending anyone at Portage & Main..nope, fuck em...and they’ll just think I’m just another fucked up meth addict anyhow...lol

User avatar
FJRPittsburgh
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 434
Joined: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:10 pm
FJRModel: 2008 AE
Location: Canonsburg, PA
x 1054
x 468

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by FJRPittsburgh » Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:27 pm

Trevor and I got a 2 hour ride in this morning at 40 degrees and mostly dry roads. The salt was washed away by the rain and the high winds dried most of the roads off. At least we got a January ride in.
John d, bungie4, and CollingsBob loved this

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 2578
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 1534
x 2417

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by gixxerjasen » Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:35 pm

Winter weather headed into Dallas tomorrow. They said if we have dreams of white wonderland, snowball fights, or building snowmen then we need to get that out of our head. As usual, winter weather in Dallas means just ice. Lots of freezing crap creating ice across a city without the infrastructure to handle it. So, as usual, we'll laugh at the sand trucks, and wait for the city to thaw out. No riding for the next few days, and maybe not after that till they get the cleaners out and remove all the sand from the tall curving overpasses we have.
LKLD loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 3029
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016ES
Location: North Coast of Ohio
x 3000
x 1204

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by El Toro Joe » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 am

Rode it to work...starting the year out right, I've ridden every day of 2019 so far.
LKLD, FJRPittsburgh, John d and 1 others loved this
"RIP Petey"

User avatar
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 3029
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016ES
Location: North Coast of Ohio
x 3000
x 1204

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by El Toro Joe » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:47 am

FJRPittsburgh wrote:
Tue Jan 01, 2019 4:27 pm
Trevor and I got a 2 hour ride in this morning at 40 degrees and mostly dry roads. The salt was washed away by the rain and the high winds dried most of the roads off. At least we got a January ride in.
I also got out for a short ride yesterday...

Image
CollingsBob, tominca, Hppants and 1 others loved this
"RIP Petey"

User avatar
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm
FJRModel: 2017 FJR1300ES
1953 “C” Vincent Rapide
Location: Winnipeg
x 1551
x 548

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by CollingsBob » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm

Today I shipped the rider & passenger sections of my seat to the wizards at Russell Day Long for a transformation into a Day-Long seat.
El Toro Joe and wheatonFJR loved this

wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 10441
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013 -"Lucky13" -motoman break-in by jwilly...
Location: Travelers Rest, SC
x 12559
x 5981

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:42 pm

CollingsBob wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:37 pm
Today I shipped the rider & passenger sections of my seat to the wizards at Russell Day Long for a transformation into a Day-Long seat.
On your Vincent? :lol:
CollingsBob loved this
"Excuse me, but I’m off to kick a hole in the sky..."
-Luke Skywalker

User avatar
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2018 2:19 pm
FJRModel: 2017 FJR1300ES
1953 “C” Vincent Rapide
Location: Winnipeg
x 1551
x 548

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by CollingsBob » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm

I’m afraid that the seat on the Vincent is beyond help..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6caQmC9wSVpz5jeD7

User avatar
LKLD
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1771
Joined: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:26 am
FJRModel: 2016 ES
Location: Central Flatistan
x 2348
x 1381

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by LKLD » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:44 pm

CollingsBob wrote:
Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm
I’m afraid that the seat on the Vincent is beyond help..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/6caQmC9wSVpz5jeD7
Agreed. :lol:
CollingsBob loved this
Being alive, is not living. R.I.P. Don & Petey レイクランド

Post Reply