The 2021 Calendar Contest voting is live! Click here to cast your vote

The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Sub-Forum to hold the annual FJRiders.com calendar contest threads.
Post Reply
User avatar
1911
Veteran
Posts: 538
Joined: Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:44 am
FJRModel: 2007
Location: Laurens SC
x 169
x 1208

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by 1911 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 pm

DesignFlaw06 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:50 am
Hppants wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:43 pm
Well - did we get enough submissions to move forward?
Yes we did. I'm working on the voting page. I hope to have it up soon.
Is it up yet? Now? Now?
wheatonFJR loved this
Image

User avatar
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 pm
FJRModel: 2018ES
x 2231
x 2023

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by bill lumberg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:19 am

How about now?
wheatonFJR loved this
Active listening is the new handshake.

IBA# 69560

User avatar
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 pm
FJRModel: 2018ES
x 2231
x 2023

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by bill lumberg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am

Active listening is the new handshake.

IBA# 69560

User avatar
Blueridgerider
Casual Rider
Posts: 105
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:22 pm
FJRModel: 2016 FJR1300A
x 166
x 179

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by Blueridgerider » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:32 am

1911 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 10:53 pm
DesignFlaw06 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:50 am
Hppants wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:43 pm
Well - did we get enough submissions to move forward?
Yes we did. I'm working on the voting page. I hope to have it up soon.
Is it up yet? Now? Now?
Like a bunch of kids waiting for Christmas morning :lol: :lol: :lol:
2017 Kawasaki Z900
2008 GL1800

User avatar
extrememarine
HMFIC
Veteran
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm
FJRModel: 2009 FJR
Location: SE Michigan
x 416
x 4113

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by extrememarine » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:36 pm

Much higher impact if posted like this:


bill lumberg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am
https://youtu.be/nmsTwQb1csc
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero

User avatar
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 pm
FJRModel: 2018ES
x 2231
x 2023

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by bill lumberg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:50 pm

Well there’s your August.
extrememarine wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Much higher impact if posted like this:


bill lumberg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am
https://youtu.be/nmsTwQb1csc
Active listening is the new handshake.

IBA# 69560

User avatar
Cav47
Veteran
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
04 ABS well farkled rocket ship SOLD
Location: Central Illinois.
x 4981
x 3333

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by Cav47 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm

extrememarine wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Much higher impact if posted like this:


bill lumberg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am
https://youtu.be/nmsTwQb1csc
I am so afraid to click on that here at school. I so want to open it.

Cav Closes office doors, double checks sound is down on speakers, hovers mouse over link.........wonders if filter at school will alert software. F it, clicks on it anyway.

VIDEO RESTRICTED by your technology administrator.


Cav calls technology admin to apologize.............................. and get him to unlock it.


UPDATE: Won't unlock it.

Guess who is logging on their phone right now. Making sure to get off school wifi first.

LOL, why the heck it that blocked?
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

Image

User avatar
extrememarine
HMFIC
Veteran
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm
FJRModel: 2009 FJR
Location: SE Michigan
x 416
x 4113

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by extrememarine » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:29 pm

Because you're on school district time accomplishing school district business...

:)
Cav47 wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm
extrememarine wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:36 pm
Much higher impact if posted like this:


bill lumberg wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:20 am
https://youtu.be/nmsTwQb1csc
I am so afraid to click on that here at school. I so want to open it.

Cav Closes office doors, double checks sound is down on speakers, hovers mouse over link.........wonders if filter at school will alert software. F it, clicks on it anyway.

VIDEO RESTRICTED by your technology administrator.


Cav calls technology admin to apologize.............................. and get him to unlock it.


UPDATE: Won't unlock it.

Guess who is logging on their phone right now. Making sure to get off school wifi first.

LOL, why the heck it that blocked?
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 2428
x 4122

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by gixxerjasen » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:33 pm

Don't know why it's blocked but I can tell you why they won't unlock it. ;)
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
Cav47
Veteran
Posts: 2255
Joined: Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:42 pm
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
04 ABS well farkled rocket ship SOLD
Location: Central Illinois.
x 4981
x 3333

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by Cav47 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:38 pm

gixxerjasen wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:33 pm
Don't know why it's blocked but I can tell you why they won't unlock it. ;)
I guess according to our tech guy, Ytube music was THE BIGGEST bandwidth sucker on our whole system before it was blocked.


That reminds me, I need to go finish the "from the office" post.
Uncle Hud and wheatonFJR loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

Image

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 2428
x 4122

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by gixxerjasen » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm

Music is more of a pain in the ass than you'd think. Right now it's bandwidth, but let me tell you, I got quite the music collection back in the day by moving all of the mp3's stored on the company file server to my personal usb drive freeing up a crap ton of space on the server. ;)
wheatonFJR loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
danh600
Veteran
Posts: 1911
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 pm
FJRModel: FJR2013A
x 1131
x 2993

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by danh600 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:34 pm

gixxerjasen wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Music is more of a pain in the ass than you'd think. Right now it's bandwidth, but let me tell you, I got quite the music collection back in the day by moving all of the mp3's stored on the company file server to my personal usb drive freeing up a crap ton of space on the server. ;)
Man I could not sit here at my desk all day long without a little back ground music from time to time. I stream Pandora most of the day. Luckily our IT guy has never said anything to me about it.

User avatar
extrememarine
HMFIC
Veteran
Posts: 4275
Joined: Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:17 pm
FJRModel: 2009 FJR
Location: SE Michigan
x 416
x 4113

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by extrememarine » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:42 pm

When I was deployed, the S6 (aka I.T. & comm) on TQ (Al Taqaddam) had a file server set up as a music library. The right combination of pizza and Mt Dew from the PX at Al Asad would facilitate access to it. There may (or may not) have also been a file server full of porn as well...
gixxerjasen wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Music is more of a pain in the ass than you'd think. Right now it's bandwidth, but let me tell you, I got quite the music collection back in the day by moving all of the mp3's stored on the company file server to my personal usb drive freeing up a crap ton of space on the server. ;)
bill lumberg and wheatonFJR loved this
Ride There!
-Wayne aka asphalt surfer...

IBA#60836

#Peteyismyhero

User avatar
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1618
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:03 pm
FJRModel: 2018ES
x 2231
x 2023

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by bill lumberg » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:09 pm

America.
extrememarine wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:42 pm
When I was deployed, the S6 (aka I.T. & comm) on TQ (Al Taqaddam) had a file server set up as a music library. The right combination of pizza and Mt Dew from the PX at Al Asad would facilitate access to it. There may (or may not) have also been a file server full of porn as well...
gixxerjasen wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Music is more of a pain in the ass than you'd think. Right now it's bandwidth, but let me tell you, I got quite the music collection back in the day by moving all of the mp3's stored on the company file server to my personal usb drive freeing up a crap ton of space on the server. ;)
Active listening is the new handshake.

IBA# 69560

User avatar
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 5574
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:49 am
FJRModel: 2009 CBF1000A Raspberry, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee
Location: Millgrove, Ontario, CA
x 1411
x 4821

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by raYzerman » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:13 pm

Now youse guys leave TimDog alone..... all those last minute submissions that he has to crop and fix.... TIM, by end of November is plenty good!!
Tyler loved this
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.

User avatar
Tyler
Contributor
Veteran
Posts: 1204
Joined: Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:49 pm
FJRModel: 2013 CanAm Spyder ST
Location: Los Gatos, CA
x 1543
x 1622
Contact:

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by Tyler » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm

raYzerman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:13 pm
Now youse guys leave TimDog alone..... all those last minute submissions that he has to crop and fix.... TIM, by end of November is plenty good!!
Ray, you're nicer than I was going to be... was going to tell them all to go to their rooms and stay there until I said they could come out. :D
NTXFJR, wheatonFJR, and Uncle Hud loved this
"Spend time with those who make you better." ~Anonymous

User avatar
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
Posts: 12846
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:10 pm
FJRModel: 2013
Location: Travelers Rest
x 20198
x 8822

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by wheatonFJR » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:56 am

Tyler wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm
raYzerman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:13 pm
Now youse guys leave TimDog alone..... all those last minute submissions that he has to crop and fix.... TIM, by end of November is plenty good!!
Ray, you're nicer than I was going to be... was going to tell them all to go to their rooms and stay there until I said they could come out. :D
Oh, and they would come out alright...
Madmudder loved this
“There’s no better therapy than a ride.” -petey

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 2428
x 4122

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by gixxerjasen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 am

wheatonFJR wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:56 am
Tyler wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm
raYzerman wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:13 pm
Now youse guys leave TimDog alone..... all those last minute submissions that he has to crop and fix.... TIM, by end of November is plenty good!!
Ray, you're nicer than I was going to be... was going to tell them all to go to their rooms and stay there until I said they could come out. :D
Oh, and they would come out alright...
YOU can do that, but as much as she likes to hug, I bet she can dish out a proper "Mom beat down." I'll stay in my room.
Tyler loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
gixxerjasen
Veteran
Posts: 3435
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:50 pm
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE
Location: DFW
x 2428
x 4122

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by gixxerjasen » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 am

gixxerjasen wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:55 am
wheatonFJR wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:56 am
Tyler wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:43 pm


Ray, you're nicer than I was going to be... was going to tell them all to go to their rooms and stay there until I said they could come out. :D
Oh, and they would come out alright...
YOU can do that, but as much as she likes to hug, I bet she can dish out a proper "Mom" level beat down. I'll stay in my room.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 Suzuki GSX-S1000 | 1998 KTM 250 EXC | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Family Bikes: 2006 Honda CRF70F | 2005 Honda CRF230F

User avatar
DesignFlaw06
Veteran
Posts: 732
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:49 am
FJRModel: 2006 FJR1300A
x 141
x 871
Contact:

Re: The Official 2021 Calendar Contest

Post by DesignFlaw06 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:52 am

OK, the voting page is finally up: http://www.fjriders.com/calendar-contest/

I know you guys don't accept excuses so I'll just apologies for the delay. If you don't see your picture, it's probably because you didn't follow the rules for submissions. But there's a small chance I screwed up. Ping me either way and I'll let you know. I should have spent more time evaluating images ahead of time.

I had to delete and reupload all of the photos due to a code error (or a Design Flaw if you prefer). If you submitted captions for your photo, I'll be working backwards to try and get them in again. But I wanted to get the voting process started. Let me know if you have any trouble voting.
Uncle Hud loved this
2020 Presidential Candidate - Vote TimDog/Geek!

Post Reply