T-Rex engine guards

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Brock864
Squid
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A, 2017 FZ07

T-Rex engine guards

Post by Brock864 »

I haven't figured out how to post images or even share a link to an image on this forum. I see the buttons but when I click the image button it just posts {img} in the body of the post.

Anyway, I have the T-Rex engine guards on my k14. Previous owner put them on. I think they look pretty good and the sliders even have FJR stamped into them. They work. They have kept me from scratching or breaking engine/fairings. One could probably even find a way to put highway pegs on them if so inclined.

You can search an image of them if you are curious about how they look on the bike.
If I wanted a cruiser I would buy a boat...........
FJRoss
Veteran
FJRModel: 2011 FJR 1300
2017 BMW F700GS

Re: T-Rex engine guards

Post by FJRoss »

Brock864 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:47 am I haven't figured out how to post images or even share a link to an image on this forum. I see the buttons but when I click the image button it just posts {img} in the body of the post.
Can't upload photo. If it lives on the net, the url is pasted between the img tags.
Red
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008 FJR1300A
Location: near the Great Salt Lake, Utah, USA, Sol III, Orion Spur of the Milky Way galaxy.

Post by Red »

Brock864 wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:47 am I haven't figured out how to post images or even share a link to an image on this forum. I see the buttons but when I click the image button it just posts {img} in the body of the post.
Brock,

Post or find a photo somewhere on-line, such as a photo-sharing website. My ISP gives me free space on their servers, but hey, whatever works.
......................................................................................
COPY the URL address to that photo.
PASTE that URL address into your post, where you want the photo to go.
HIGHLIGHT that URL address in your post.
Click on the [Insert Image] button in the line above your post.
You should see (ignoring the words CODE:SELECT ALL):

Code: Select all

[img]http://photo-web-site.com/your-photo[/img]
then.) Done.
To share a link to a photo,
COPY the URL address of your photo into your post.
HIGHLIGHT the URL address.
Click on the [Insert URL] button.
Done.

When your message is complete, click on the [Preview] button to see the results. If you like it, click on the [Submit] button, next to the [Preview] button. Your post and photo will be be posted.

If you do not know what a button (above your post) does, just hover the mouse cursor on it (no click) for a few seconds, and the button label will appear.

Ask your ISP tech support if they have some free server space for you & your photos, and how you can upload to it.

Let us know if there is any problem.
Cheers,
Red

P.S. Life is too short, and health is too valuable, to ride on cheap parade-duty tires.
Yeah, I ride motorcycles. I know why dogs put their heads out of the car windows.
Yeah, I fly hang gliders (3000 hrs.+). I know why the birds sing.
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

Do they look like this?

wheatonFJR loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.