Low-Cost Driving Lights

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Allen_C
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Re: Low-Cost Driving Lights

Post by Allen_C »

FTL900 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:17 pm
Do you realize the GT Air has a retractable sun shade built in? You will always have a sun shade available AND the clear faceshield!
I know- I've used it once or twice, but I'm not a fan of internal flip-down shields, I don't think the optics are as good and I don't use it much. I also always ride with sunglasses, and could just remove those at night, but I really like the transition shield, so I'll part with a bit of my expendable income for it.k
Ok, but if you haven't tried it yet I suggest you do. The sun shield us supposed to be made with similar optical quality as the faceshield
Naturally air conditioned since 1979
FTL900
Squid
FJRModel: 2011 FJR

Post by FTL900 »

No, i HAVE tried it. I just don't like it.
ImageImageImageImageImage
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

I love the transition shield on my RS1, and, it burns my ass that I love it, that fecker is spendy!

Luckily, after a few years, and careful cleaning, the tinting hasn't faded nor is the shield scratched in any significant way. I'd buy another.
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
FTL900
Squid
FJRModel: 2011 FJR

Post by FTL900 »

</hijack> back to the lighting subject... I have a pair of lights that I picked up cheaply on ebay a year or so ago and haven't done anything with just yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2X-125W-U5-LED- ... 6k&vxp=mtr

They light things up pretty good in my dark garage, and I want to mount them right under the mirrors- I like that location better than down on the fork tubes. When I bought them, I was concerned about a rock breaking one, so I bought some metal mesh and created a mesh cover for each light. it looks pretty cool, now I just need to fab up a mounting bracket for them.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Boozer
Squid
FJRModel: 2013

Post by Boozer »

I agree there many lower cost options for lights out there that do a good job. I recently installed a set of Clearwater Ericas on my FJR. The cost was horrible. The lights are incredible. I decided that if I can spend tons of money on riding gear, I can spend money on something that increases my visibility during the day and I can see better at night. I live in deer country and I feel safer with them on.