What are they worth?

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
silverback
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005

What are they worth?

Post by silverback »

I have a throttlemeister and a Held tank bag. The throttlemeister is a throttle lock, and I highly desire a Rostra.
The Held tank bag is one of those that has the bracket around the fuel fill cap and is too big to use comfortably with out installing a set of ape hangers for a guy with my size gut.

So, what are these worth? Is there any interest in these type things used or do people usually buy new?

Thanks.
There's just too much what the f@$k in this thread to know where to begin...
--BikerGeek
Intech
I'm Not Back
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015

Re: What are they worth?

Post by Intech »

Description and pictures go a long way. If they are new and unused you should be able to get close to reasonable retail. Just keep in mind that most dealers sell them shipping included.
RIP BeemerDonS JSNS
RIP Petey
RIP jwilly
RIP 1911
clocklaw
Swag Master
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 FJR ABS - My Blue Angel

Post by clocklaw »

I sold a throttlemeister from my 2003 and I believe I was able to fetch about half price of a new set....not sure about the bag.
wheatonFJR wrote:...you don't really expect me to finger myself do you?
HotRodZilla wrote:Be careful, don't act dumb, and like your weiner, keep it in your pants.
silverback
Veteran

Post by silverback »

I think I will try to sell the throttle Meister and put different bar ends on. Maybe stock, but I am guessing it will need the inserts as well. Maybe I can work a trade. However, the bag is adjustable, so I can get room for my beer belly after all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
--BikerGeek
Abercrombie FJR
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 ES

Post by Abercrombie FJR »

I might have a set of stock bar ends if you need them.
Have you done anything to improve your rider skills or knowledge lately?

2014 FJR, 2013 Super Tenere, 2019 Ducati Hypermotard 950SP, 2008 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S, 2006 Ducati 999, 2018 Beta 500 RR-S, 2016 Scorpa 300, 2020 Yamaha WR250R.
twowheelr
Casual Rider
FJRModel: 2009 Yamaha FZ-1

Post by twowheelr »

Could you send me pictures of the tank bag to ;
twowheelr@gmail.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; if it is still for sale.
Thanks, Mark.
RzrBak
Squid

Post by RzrBak »

silverback wrote:I think I will try to sell the throttle Meister and put different bar ends on. Maybe stock, but I am guessing it will need the inserts as well. Maybe I can work a trade. However, the bag is adjustable, so I can get room for my beer belly after all.

I've had carpal tunnel surgery (both hands) a while back. I'm looking to buy the Throttlemeister 'cause my daily commute to/from work is 130 miles and it's killing my wrist (and I can't afford cruise control or moving closer to work :lol:). I don't want to have surgery again so I think this might be the best solution. I've tried several throttle locks that attach to the grip and they helped some, but were kind of a nuisance. Are yours standard or heavy; what finish? I've read several other forums detailing the TM so I know it's use is subjective.

Edited: Have you had the Rostra installed on a bike before? Their website states: "We do not recommend using any Rostra cruise control systems on motorcycle, ATV, or other non-automotive applications as we do not validate the operation of these units on these vehicles. Due to safety concerns surrounding these installations, Rostra representatives are unable to provide technical support on these applications".
silverback
Veteran

Post by silverback »

I had the rostra on my 07. It worked flawlessly once it was set up. It took some engineering and a few tries to get it right, then there were no problems afterward. I will take lots of photos and probably a couple videos when I do the next install. I posted some photos and a write up on the other forum that has all the European guys there. (Was before I found this forum and after I got iggy-ed)

The throttlemeister is an overly expensive solution. The price on throttle Meister's website is very close to the cost of the rostra unit. There are a few auxiliary items you'll need for the rostra install, but it will only cost about 125% of a throttlemeister. Plus, its a cruise control, not a throttle lock.

I am not sure what size the one I have is. Its just a turned stainless steel finish.

It will be up for sale when I get the cruise installed. I plan on starting this weekend, so soon.

--BikerGeek
ts3doug
Veteran
FJRModel: 08 a/07 speed tiple

Post by ts3doug »

I'm cheap...

clocklaw
Swag Master
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 FJR ABS - My Blue Angel

Post by clocklaw »

ts3doug wrote:I'm cheap...
Catapiller o-ring for the win!
wheatonFJR wrote:...you don't really expect me to finger myself do you?
HotRodZilla wrote:Be careful, don't act dumb, and like your weiner, keep it in your pants.
silverback
Veteran

Post by silverback »

ts3doug wrote:I'm cheap...

I hope that condom wasn't used before putting it between the throttle sleeve and housing! :o:D:D:D

--BikerGeek
RzrBak
Squid

Post by RzrBak »

silverback wrote:I had the rostra on my 07. It worked flawlessly once it was set up. It took some engineering and a few tries to get it right, then there were no problems afterward. I will take lots of photos and probably a couple videos when I do the next install. I posted some photos and a write up on the other forum that has all the European guys there. (Was before I found this forum and after I got iggy-ed)

The throttlemeister is an overly expensive solution. The price on throttle Meister's website is very close to the cost of the rostra unit. There are a few auxiliary items you'll need for the rostra install, but it will only cost about 125% of a throttlemeister. Plus, its a cruise control, not a throttle lock.

I am not sure what size the one I have is. Its just a turned stainless steel finish.

It will be up for sale when I get the cruise installed. I plan on starting this weekend, so soon.

I purchased a BrakeAway Cruise Control and installed it this past week. Even though the name says "cruise control" it is more a lock than a cruise control. I settled on this one over the Throttlemeister because of the release mechanism. There are two ways to disengage the unit: 1) manually press the release or 2) tap the front brake lever. I don't have to dial out anything like with TM. As far as comparison of functionality, I can't compare the BrakeAway to the TM but this morning's 65 mile commute to work was 100 times better with the BrakeAway and I didn't have any cramping or wrist pain. Yea :D . If I can figure out how to post pictures, I'll put some up. Anyone know the best way to post pics???? :?