Dash Shelf

Making the FJR yours - what have you done, want to do, plan to do, and how?
Bushwickklr
Squid
FJRModel: 2007

Dash Shelf

Post by Bushwickklr »

So I've been looking for a shelf to add on to my '07 and have had zero luck. I heard that N Line stopped making them. Does anyone else carry or make dash shelves? Am I just gonna have to put half a dozen Ram Mounts on my handle bars?
Name Etc.
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 triumph tiger 800sexc

Re: Dash Shelf

Post by Name Etc. »

I did the same search with the same results. No luck
ThisMotorCycleLife.net
Cougar8000
Veteran
FJRModel: 2006 FZ1

Post by Cougar8000 »

what exactly are you looking to mount? I am semi-working on this solution.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

Someone on that other forum was trying to get a group buy going so N-line would build if they had a minimum order........ that was a wee while ago.
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
0face
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008

Post by 0face »

I think Gary/RYDTYM got one recently, shoot him a PM and see if he's got source?
Bushwickklr
Squid

Post by Bushwickklr »

I'm looking to mount switches, radar and a few other accessories on there. I'd rather not have a dozen ram mounts but it looks like it may be my only option.
Name Etc.
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 triumph tiger 800sexc

Post by Name Etc. »

Bushwickklr wrote:I'm looking to mount switches, radar and a few other accessories on there. I'd rather not have a dozen ram mounts but it looks like it may be my only option.
I have thought about a ram mounted shelf. But it would be just as much to fabricate are the N-line... :D
ThisMotorCycleLife.net
Geezer
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005

Post by Geezer »

I few years ago someone was advertising a setup with a bar that you could mount a bunch of RAMs to. If I can find it I'll post it.

I have a shelf on my '05 that I like a lot, but I would probably do something with a few RAMs if I were starting over. You can probably mount several things on one RAM if you can fabricate a bracket or two.
My wife asked me why I speak so softly around the house. I said that I was worried that someone was listening. She laughed, I laughed, Alexa laughed.
raYzerman
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2016 Versys 1000 Titanium Devil, 2014 DL1000, 1999 VFR 800 Bumble Bee

Post by raYzerman »

If one got creative, and wanted something similar to the N-line dash shelf with the same mounting points...... fab up something yourself..... two vertical 3/4x3/4 aluminum angle pieces, attached to lower (make a bent tab here) and middle screws for the vertical black dash panels, another angle across the top of the dash to join them, a piece of 1.5" aluminum flat stock from the middle to the fairing above the headlight (yep drill a mounting hole and put a rubber well-nut in, the velcro idea doesn't work). Now you have the basic triangle. Make hardboard template (shelf) contoured to fit windshield curve, and put a half moon cutout in the middle above the speedo. Once happy, make shelf out of aluminum sheet. Make 1/2x1/2 aluminum angle stiffener to go across underside of shelf in front of middle cutout where you can't see it. Cut cross pieces and aluminum flat stock to suit cutout and stiffener..... drill and screw together, test fit, paint to suit......... a coupla nights work and you're done...... and can be made to look pretty decent I would think. The N-line is same just a little more refined. Need pictures and some dimensions, lemme know. I will have mine off for some maintenance work sometime this winter.
If you can find a used one, all the better, 'cuz it's gonna cost you the same........
Keep yer stick on the ice........... (Red Green)
Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can sure muffle the sound.
0face
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2008

Post by 0face »

Maybe Garauld would make something?
Bushwickklr
Squid

Post by Bushwickklr »

Thanks, Pictures would definitely help.

KLRNEF at gee mail dot com.
clocklaw
Swag Master
Veteran
FJRModel: 2005 FJR ABS - My Blue Angel

Post by clocklaw »

Has anyone mentioned the Farkle Bar? I met Doug Shonley last weekend at the Music City Motorcycle show and purchased a couple of power options from him. Here is a video interview conducted by Nashville Riders this past weekend with Doug.

wheatonFJR wrote:...you don't really expect me to finger myself do you?
HotRodZilla wrote:Be careful, don't act dumb, and like your weiner, keep it in your pants.