Page 148 of 321

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:12 pm
by Hppants
No they won’t. About 3500 miles was all I could take on the front.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 11:47 pm
by raYzerman
bill lumberg wrote:
Sat Dec 01, 2018 7:09 pm
Enough with the tire talk. I’m trying to hold off on ordering a set of PR4GT’s or PR5’s for ready stock. The factory tires won’t last that long.
Ya see! The truth comes out eventually...... he rides to D&H so he can scrub off rubber. It had little to do with the YES, coulda done that over the phone.... :twisted: :twisted:

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:48 pm
by John d
Saw 59 degrees on the panel while I burnt off most of a tank of gas today. The roads were wet but the sun was out. Bike looks like shit even after hosing it off. I'll give it a proper cleaning in June, maybe.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm
by wheatonFJR
Put on a front Pilot Power takeoff. Will put on a rear PR2 takeoff later this week. Hopefully, weather will cooperate for a mountain road ride next weekend.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
by bill lumberg
I washed an amazing amount of grime off of mine. Contemplated pulling the Cee Bailey barn door and putting on one of my moderate screens. Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 pm
by Hppants
225 miles today. 54 when I left and it got to 80 this afternoon. Decent BBQ for lunch. Roads are gritty from two months of cane cutting, but otherwise, we enjoyed it.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:08 pm
by Hppants
Double post. My apologies.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 pm
by gixxerjasen
bill lumberg wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
I washed an amazing amount of grime off of mine. Contemplated pulling the Cee Bailey barn door and putting on one of my moderate screens. Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.
I'm bout to pull my stock shield off and put on the winter barn door.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:28 pm
by bill lumberg
Hell, your barn door is probably my summer shield. I run a Cee Bailey largest in the winter, and a Yamaha Touring shield or a vstream 20308 in the summer.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:03 pm
by wheatonFJR
bill lumberg wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
...Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.
:D

No. Iron(Stupid) man shit is riding your non-faired 1980 XS850Triple from OKC in 29 degrees and snowing after work in wet socks and cold work boots down to Sherman, TX to visit relatives for Thanksgiving as a 21 yo. Being cold on the south side of OKC with my leather jacket and sweater, no gloves and jeans...I may have been slightly hypothermic when I arrived with my half shell Bell helmet. I still remember that cold. Never want to be that cold again.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:20 pm
by bill lumberg
Badass. But you want to talk stupid? As a grown man, I rode in unforecast rain, to an appointment in another state, got almost dried out, and then hit another wall of unforecasted rain on the way back. I refused to put on my rain gear, since I was wet, temps were supposed to rise, and it’d just be silly to put on rain gear over wet clothes. Got trapped for a while behind a wreck. Felt chilled but not that bad. I don’t normally stop between tanks. Got near empty, and looked for a station. Realized I felt a little zoned out and lethargic, but never felt ill.

Got off the bike at the pump. Took my helmet off. And that was the last bit of heat I had in my body. Immediately went into full-body herky jerks. Standing was no problem. Opening the door to the store was no problem. But I couldn’t stop muscle spasms for almost 15 minutes. Then, finally, I could hold a cup of hot chocolate. Fine after that. But I personified stupid. Felt fine up until I hit the wall. I couldn’t put rain gear on over my wet clothes fast enough.

I did almost the same thing one time (once, like the cold thing), with heat. All day long. Super hot. And I stopped feeling hot. 98F started feeling just fine. And I knew I had a problem. Stopped and hydrated pronto. Couldn’t even drink an icee or slurpee without instant brain freeze. Had to just drink tap water. Recovered fine and got home.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm
by Hack
I moved my FJR over six inches to make room for a buddy's... BMW.
'He's a little short on storage space this winter.
I just hope none of the neighbours see....

Image

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:29 pm
by bill lumberg
Well done.
Hack wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:24 pm
I moved my FJR over six inches to make room for a buddy's... BMW.
'He's a little shot on storage space this winter.
I just hope none of the neighbours see....

Image

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:51 pm
by jwilly
Been sick most of the week and finally starting feeling good yesterday. The FJR got me out of bed this morning at 6:30 and wanted to go play in the twisties! Temp started at 49 first thing in the morning and 72 on the way home this afternoon! 420 awesome miles of twisties.

Image

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:54 pm
by bungie4
gixxerjasen wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:15 pm
bill lumberg wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
I washed an amazing amount of grime off of mine. Contemplated pulling the Cee Bailey barn door and putting on one of my moderate screens. Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.
I'm bout to pull my stock shield off and put on the winter barn door.
I never got a chance to swap screens this year. It went from room temperature nice into the shitter over night. One ride in Oct. Then put away for the year.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:47 pm
by John d
wheatonFJR wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm
Put on a front Pilot Power takeoff. Will put on a rear PR2 takeoff later this week. Hopefully, weather will cooperate for a mountain road ride next weekend.
Geez! Remind me to ask you on Dec. 31 how many tire changes you made this year.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:26 pm
by Cav47
jwilly wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:51 pm
Been sick most of the week and finally starting feeling good yesterday. The FJR got me out of bed this morning at 6:30 and wanted to go play in the twisties! Temp started at 49 first thing in the morning and 72 on the way home this afternoon! 420 awesome miles of twisties.

Image

Did you know that a Honda Ridgeline backed up to the porch right in front of JWillys bike is perfect to unload a FJR?

That is a good number of miles for you JWilly anytime of year. Let alone in December.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:29 pm
by escapefjrtist
Another nice foothill romp today...80 or so miles in almost balmy (45F) temps. Great day all around!

~G

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 am
by bill lumberg
I picture your Captain America shield slung over your back.
wheatonFJR wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:03 pm
bill lumberg wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
...Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.
:D

No. Iron(Stupid) man shit is riding your non-faired 1980 XS850Triple from OKC in 29 degrees and snowing after work in wet socks and cold work boots down to Sherman, TX to visit relatives for Thanksgiving as a 21 yo. Being cold on the south side of OKC with my leather jacket and sweater, no gloves and jeans...I may have been slightly hypothermia when I arrived with my half shell Bell helmet. I still remember that cold. Never want to be that cold again.

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Posted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:31 am
by wheatonFJR
bill lumberg wrote:
Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:27 am
I picture your Captain America shield slung over your back.
wheatonFJR wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 7:03 pm
bill lumberg wrote:
Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:07 pm
...Wheaton runs the stock screen or something close to it, even in freezing temps. That’s iron man shit right there.
:D

No. Iron(Stupid) man shit is riding your non-faired 1980 XS850Triple from OKC in 29 degrees and snowing after work in wet socks and cold work boots down to Sherman, TX to visit relatives for Thanksgiving as a 21 yo. Being cold on the south side of OKC with my leather jacket and sweater, no gloves and jeans...I may have been slightly hypothermia when I arrived with my half shell Bell helmet. I still remember that cold. Never want to be that cold again.
Picture Frozone instead. Frozen...with teeth chattering. My really old Uncle, who was 5 years older than I am now, seemed happy to see me.