What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by wheatonFJR »

gixxerjasen wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:08 pm
philharmonic wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:33 pm She said to me, as I left for my ride. "Your friends are nice"
Clearly she didn't hang around long enough.

:D
You hang around long enough, you find out they are nicer, even. Weirder too.
philharmonic and bill lumberg loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Had a mishap at EOM in TN. A car driver made a left turn around a tractor trailer and directly into our path. Dianne was on the back and we center punched a Honda Civic. We are relatively unhurt, some soreness and a sprained wrist but my beloved '07 that endured 680 consecutive days of riding and went on t carry JD Smith to his first Iron Butt Rally finish is sadly no more. Bike is surely totaled as the front tire is now touching the exhaust header, radiator is leaking, most body panels are cracked or damaged. Bright side is any accident you walk away from has to be counted as win. Bike is sitting at the Maggie Valley Inn parking lot until the insurance company goes and picks it up.

Big thanks to all there who helped us out, especially JWilly for the use of a car to get to Urgent Care and to go get a rental car.
bungie4, Tyler, Full House and 6 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

wheatonFJR wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 10:28 am
gixxerjasen wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:08 pm
philharmonic wrote: Sun Sep 22, 2019 5:33 pm She said to me, as I left for my ride. "Your friends are nice"
Clearly she didn't hang around long enough.

:D
You hang around long enough, you find out they are nicer, even. Weirder too.
Yea, but nobody says it. Usually it's "What a bunch of d*ckheads, but they sure are fun!"

-----------------------------------

Damn Chuck, that sucks. Too bad your coworker took his bike back. Glad you weren't hurt and sad for the bike. However, new bike shopping, whoohoo!

-----------------------------------

As for me, well, my Minneapolis trip got delayed, so I'm working remotely, but doing afternoon/evening shift, which kind of sucks. However, since it's still pretty warm in Texas, this does afford me the ability to push the kid out the door to school and then swing a leg over the bike while it's still nice out. I had an errand to run to the post office, so I stopped afterwards for coffee and breakfast at a local place.

Nice selection of breakfast eats.

I settled on a chocolate chocolate chip muffin and house coffee black. I always will try a new place with the house coffee black, because that's the only way to tell if the coffee is any good. Some folks will tell you that a place has good coffee, but really they have good toppings. When you strip away the frothed milk, cinnamon, french vanilla, and chocolate sprinkles, the coffee sucks. This place had pretty good coffee, not super bitter, but maybe needed a bit more flavor. Still, quite good and woke me up, so it did it's job. Muffin was delicious too.

NTXFJR, Hppants, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
Redfish
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014A and 2015ES

Post by Redfish »

I always drink my coffee black. I like it Hot, Black and Bitter. Just like my wife's heart.
gixxerjasen, natehawk750, and bill lumberg loved this
Never run out of real estate, traction and ideas all at the same time.
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Redfish wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:20 pm I always drink my coffee black. I like it Hot, Black and Bitter. Just like my wife's heart.
So you keep telling us.

Liar.
Bugnatr and NTXFJR loved this
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Well dam it, Biker Chuck. I did see something to this effect on Facebook, but didn't put 2 and 2 together. I'm very glad you and your lovely pillion were not hurt.

Moreover, I'm very pleased that you've picked the gorgeous '14 as your next weapon of choice. Be forewarned, the others will snicker. They will rant. They will offer displeasing words of discouragement. But fear not, my friend. We know better. Stay the course and all will be well soon enough.

Most importantly, if memory serves, you were conjuring up a side trip to Louisiana before SFO. Now do not delay on your procurement of a new steed. The Redfishes and I have a thing or two to show you.

(Boy - if you get a red one, then we can TRIPLE team Andrew. I'd enjoy that quite a bit....)
gixxerjasen, NTXFJR, Redfish and 1 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Pants, I came dangerously close to trading the 2007 in back in late 2014 to buy a 2014A at a local dealership. It had gone far enough in the process that I had the numbers and knew what it was going to cost me but opted not to pull the trigger at that time. So far my insurance company is really helping me out a lot and I learned I had a lower deductible that I realized. Ultimately it should go against the car driver as they were even cited at the scene.

I spoke with a dealership about 2 hours north of me earlier this morning as they have a 2014 on their website. The bike is still there and while it has a relatively fresh Shinko tire on the front the rear is still the original tire so it would definitely need replaced ASAP. Sadly my now destroyed 2007 just had tires put on last Sunday and only saw about 800 miles of use before this jackass caused me so much grief.
Redfish loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

I'm surprised griff didn't pry those tires off for you...
Redfish
Veteran

Post by Redfish »

wheatonFJR wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:33 pm I'm surprised griff didn't pry those tires off
Modified it for you.
gixxerjasen loved this
rbentnail
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2007A, 2013A

Post by rbentnail »

Rode about 180 miles to the coast for a club sammich. Then rode home. Good day, very little humidity and a couple new roads off the beaten path heading south & southeast discovered.
bill lumberg loved this
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2024 BMW R1300 GS

Post by CollingsBob »

I put a tank of gas through my bike on a glorious 27 degree day...and got to feel 195km/hr again in a full tilt boogie blast of acceleration..
Hppants, wheatonFJR, and gixxerjasen loved this
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:04 pm I put a tank of gas through my bike on a glorious 27 degree day...and got to feel 195km/hr again in a full tilt boogie blast of acceleration..
Geez, it got up to 86F during my morning ride.
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran

Post by CollingsBob »

27c = 80.6F....Git yer canadian to murican translator out.
El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

Checked the brake pads...43385 miles and still got several thousand miles left
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:45 pm 27c = 80.6F....Git yer canadian to murican translator out.
I'm thinking he was yankin yer Canuckian chain. But he is Jasen, so maybe not?
CollingsBob loved this
Redfish
Veteran

Post by Redfish »

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:45 pm 27c = 80.6F....Git yer canadian to murican translator out.
I am thinking he was saying that your high was lower than his morning low temp.

My morning ride was a chilly 73F. Brrrrr! Thought I was going to have to turn on the heated grips.

About the FJR/Yoshimura Exhaust:

At idle the sound is noticeably deeper and...more raspy. Not loud, almost as quiet as stock. Quiet at idle is important to me, I have neighbors and I may have to leave for work in the middle of the night.

At cruising speeds in top gear the difference between these and stock is almost not enough to notice.

In the top half of the RPM range these pipes talk to you. Full Throttle acceleration after 5K RPM, these pipes REALLY talk to you.

Somehow the frequency of the vibration in the passenger pegs is changed. I won't say there is less vibration but the frequency has changed and it is...It's better. I can't measure this but it's real.

And the mufflers really look Good on the AssFault Gray bike.
raYzerman, Hppants, wheatonFJR and 1 others loved this
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran

Post by CollingsBob »

Jeez., apparently ..muricans are shit at math. It was hotter for gixxerjasen than it was for me, but the difference is/was about 2 rch’s..The rest of the week here is pure crap weatherwise.
Redfish
Veteran

Post by Redfish »

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 pm Jeez., apparently ..muricans are shit at math. It was hotter for gixxerjasen than it was for me, but the difference is/was about 2 rch’s..The rest of the week here is pure crap weatherwise.
Do you realize we are saying the same thing? Except we dumb Muricans are not insulting your Canadian Comprehension skills.

I will type this S.L.O.W.L.Y.

The high temp for you in Canada was colder than the low temp for Jasen in Texas. It doesn't matter if the difference is 0.0001 Kelvin.

Jeez. Now y'all got me typing sarcasm. Dang it.
Hppants and CollingsBob loved this
CollingsBob
Contributor
Veteran

Post by CollingsBob »

Redfish wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:29 pm
CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 8:59 pm Jeez., apparently ..muricans are shit at math. It was hotter for gixxerjasen than it was for me, but the difference is/was about 2 rch’s..The rest of the week here is pure crap weatherwise.
Do you realize we are saying the same thing? Except we dumb Muricans are not insulting your Canadian Comprehension skills.

The high temp for you in Canada was colder than the low temp for Jasen in Texas. It doesn't matter if the difference is 0.0001 Kelvin.

It was difficult to comprehend what you were saying because of the murican accent
Redfish
Veteran

Post by Redfish »

CollingsBob wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:32 pm
Redfish wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:29 pm

It was difficult to comprehend what you were saying because of the murican accent

I just KNEW it was gonna be my fault. :roll:

Sorry, I will try harder next time. :D
CollingsBob loved this