What did you do to your FJR today?

Talk about issues and questions specific to the FJR here.
HotRodZilla
Veteran
FJRModel: 07 FJR-A

Re: What did you do to your FJR today?

Post by HotRodZilla »

Toter wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 pm Got my "new" tire installed today. Freakin tire I bought from STG is 3 years old. Not a happy camper. Their customer service was zero help. Last purchase from STG. Am I being upset for nothing? In all the tires I have purchased, I have never received one more than a year and a month or two old. Well, they don't last very long anyway, so it will be gone by spring time.
Unless that tire was sitting out in the sun, which it was not, you don't have anything to worry about. Just ride it.
Toter, bigjohnsd, Uncle Hud and 7 others loved this
Cav47
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES well appointed FJR
2012 KLX 250S
2022 Honda CRF450RL

Post by Cav47 »

Give it to me, I will sacrifice for the betterment of the group. I know it is selfless of me, but that’s just what I do. I credit all the people who raised me for instilling such a sense of giving and community in me. I know it is great personal risk to myself, but I deem it worthy given how dangerous it would be for Toter. Essentially, I am volunteering as tribute!
bigjohnsd and HotRodZilla loved this
I often have found myself when I was not looking, nor did that discovery take place where I thought it would!

morecowbell
Squid
FJRModel: 2012

Post by morecowbell »

Another short day today, only 508 miles. We saw 45 degrees leaving Steamboat Springs and saw some beautiful fall colors. Then we spent the afternoon crossing eastern WY and western SD at temps in the mid-high 90s. Laramie WY to Rapid City SD on one tank, 313 miles...pumped 5.9 gallons...great mileage at higher altitudes! Met the wife at the motor-inn in downtown Rapid City. Tomorrow, the Black Hills await. We’ve gotta make the obligatory photo stop at Sturgis HD just to laugh at the pirates. Then I gotta pick up a t-shirt at the BMW/Yamaha dealer. Tomorrow night, maybe Custer SD?
Toter, danh600, Uncle Hud and 2 others loved this
"I've got a fever...and the only prescription, is more cowbell" - Christopher Walken, SNL
BkerChuck
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR1300A

Post by BkerChuck »

Cav47 wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:38 pm Give it to me, I will sacrifice for the betterment of the group. I know it is selfless of me, but that’s just what I do. I credit all the people who raised me for instilling such a sense of giving and community in me. I know it is great personal risk to myself, but I deem it worthy given how dangerous it would be for Toter. Essentially, I am volunteering as tribute!
While this is admirable of Cav to make such a glorious gesture since he still has children at home I cannot in good conscience allow this to happen. Should anything happen to my friend as a result of this offer I would not be able to live with myself. The only safe solution is to offer myself as recipient of said "aged" tire. I have no children and therefore the risks are purely upon myself. PM me for shipping information.
Toter, Uncle Hud, HotRodZilla and 3 others loved this
ImageImageImage

IBA #50866
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013-Jwilly Special LD Delivery

Post by wheatonFJR »

Toter wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:00 pm Got my "new" tire installed today. Freakin tire I bought from STG is 3 years old. Not a happy camper. Their customer service was zero help. Last purchase from STG. Am I being upset for nothing? In all the tires I have purchased, I have never received one more than a year and a month or two old. Well, they don't last very long anyway, so it will be gone by spring time.
Who's this new guy "Toter"?

:D :D
HotRodZilla loved this
There's no better therapy than a ride - petey
D-Eagle
Veteran
FJRModel: 2014 FJR
2003 Honda VTX1800
2023 Honda Goldwing Tour DCT

Post by D-Eagle »

wheatonFJR wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 am

I assumed it was Ed's Evil Twin.

Toter, er, nfa1eab, er, Ed.....how did you change your forum name? I'd like to mod mine a bit.....
SE Ohio: Never trust a hill.
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

BkerChuck and Cav are such givers! Moments like these are what makes this forum, nā, this planet, the best one in our solar system!
Cav47, bigjohnsd, BkerChuck and 1 others loved this
Uncle Hud
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 ES, with new fairings!

Post by Uncle Hud »

morecowbell wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:21 am Another short day today, only 508 miles. <snip>
As I've discovered, that depends on the road. I've done dozens of days at 700 miles or more, but they were "in transit" to somewhere else. That means a lot of Interstates or big divided highways.

Just got back from EOM and three consecutive days of fewer than 350 miles, but each day was full to the brim with vicious curves. Exhausting.
Last edited by Uncle Hud on Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
bungie4, HotRodZilla, BkerChuck and 1 others loved this
*** You can't get into trouble in second gear. ***
IBA 62517
FastPappy
Veteran
FJRModel: 2009 AE

Post by FastPappy »

Continuing with the FJR therapy pushed it just a little more today about 150 miles NY, NJ, PA with my brother in law and his Hardly. :D
Toter and Uncle Hud loved this
Pappy 09AE
bill lumberg
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2018ES/2022ES

Post by bill lumberg »

Cycled the abs using the harness I bought here. Super easy.
Toter, HotRodZilla, and wheatonFJR loved this
EWTBAGUITTDGS

2022ES
HotRodZilla
Veteran

Post by HotRodZilla »

bill lumberg wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:53 pm Cycled the abs using the harness I bought here. Super easy.
Just get on a gravel road and grab as much brake as you can at like 90. IF you live you will have cycled your ABS. Haha. If you don't live, your ABS may not have been working correctly. Lol.

Disclaimer: Do NOT actually do what I wrote above. If you do, and you get hurt or die, you probably deserve it for being so dumb; however, I would NEVER want anything bad to happen to you (most of you). I was kidding.
Uncle Hud, wheatonFJR, and bill lumberg loved this
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

Were you kidding about NEVER wanting something bad happening to me, like maybe its okay sometimes, or were you kidding about not wanting to happen to most of you because you actually meant all of us, or...
HotRodZilla loved this
Toter
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR 1300 ES "Renee", 2014 BMW R1200 GS "Sascha", 2021 BMW R1250GS Rallye, 2016 DRZ 400S (Bush Piglet)

Post by Toter »

Nice weather today. After shooting some sporting clays at Garland Mountain, I suited up and took Renee out for a stroll with the new Angel GT. I like the softer feel of the non-A-spec tire. The T31 GT was pretty much a rock. Angel GT is softer at 42 psi. Went out through Talking Rock on GA136 up through Dawson Forest. Nice curvey road to break in the new tire. Tire felt really good, but since I put the MCL foot peg lowering brackets on, I keep dragging the pegs, and it's a little unnerving. I like the comfort they provide on these old knees, but it freaks me out when I scrape them. I am no knee dragger, but have been working on improving my skills and really trying to hold my lines better by looking further ahead. It is working and I feel more comfortable with more speed and lean angle. Then I scrape the damn pegs and it puckers me up a bit. Up in Dawson Forest, I had a medium size Black Bear run across the road in front of me about 75 yards. I have had some really nice bucks cross the road up there, but, that's the first time for a bear. It was cool. Very nice break-in ride, but, judge is still out on the MCL brackets. I love North Georgia!
PhilJet09, wheatonFJR, and HotRodZilla loved this
I spent most of my money on guns, motorcycles, women, and whiskey. The rest I just wasted!
Toter
Veteran
FJRModel: 2015 FJR 1300 ES "Renee", 2014 BMW R1200 GS "Sascha", 2021 BMW R1250GS Rallye, 2016 DRZ 400S (Bush Piglet)

Post by Toter »

Deagle10 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:26 am
wheatonFJR wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 am

I assumed it was Ed's Evil Twin.

Toter, er, nfa1eab, er, Ed.....how did you change your forum name? I'd like to mod mine a bit.....
I changed my name on all three forums to be "Toter". It is an appropriate name as I am usually hauling something. Either my Road Warrior 5th wheel toyhauler, or my Mule Pro FXT to shoot Sporting Clays, or my buddies enclosed car hauler.

To change your username just send Wayne, "extrememarine" a PM, asking for the change. Two of the 3 forums have changed it for me.
HotRodZilla loved this
I spent most of my money on guns, motorcycles, women, and whiskey. The rest I just wasted!
Toter
Veteran

Post by Toter »

Hppants wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:55 pm Full brake and clutch flush. Cleaned/greased pivot points. Engine and pumpkin oil change. Wheels pulled and dropped of for some new RS3s.

In two weeks, we ride!!!!
Where you ridin Pants?
Hppants
Contributor
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2021ES

Post by Hppants »

Not sure yet. Hoping to hit the Appalachians and do some leaf peeping and camping. Hope the weather cooperates.
bungie4, wheatonFJR, Toter and 1 others loved this
"I guess it comes down to a simple choice, really. Get busy living. Or get busy dying."
- Andy Dufresne, Shawshank Redemption

El Toro Joe
Contributor
Veteran
FJRModel: 2016ES

Post by El Toro Joe »

Took it out for a short ride to see how the new tires felt...yep, they felt like new tires
BkerChuck, Hppants, Toter and 6 others loved this
"RIP Beemerdons", "RIP Petey", "RIP JWilly", "RIP 1911"
wheatonFJR
Contributor
I post more than I ride

Post by wheatonFJR »

El Toro Joe wrote: Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:26 pm Took it out for a short ride to see how the new tires felt...yep, they felt like new tires
That bad, huh.
bungie4
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2013 FJR 1300

Post by bungie4 »

I put a new Rs3 on the back of my bike the day before i left for Yosemite last September. Front still looked good.

The front is still on, but now with and additional 5000km (3000 miles). After the ride today i checked my tires.

It's looking very much like I'm gonna do 2 rears per front.
Hppants and HotRodZilla loved this
WWPD.
#SnowMexican
Choo choo mf'r.
That's weird, I don't remember eating asparagus.
gixxerjasen
I post more than I ride
FJRModel: 2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE

Post by gixxerjasen »

Based on some reading in the steering head spanner thread, I pulled it apart and loosened it all the way, tightened it up, then loosened a bit and back up to 18 this time. Went for the first ride on it in months, I think I like it a little tighter than the manual calls for. Felt good to have it out again, even if it was only for 20-30 minutes. Fall is almost here though, and I feel some moto camping coming on.
raYzerman, Hppants, and wheatonFJR loved this
My Blog
Current Bikes:2007 Yamaha FJR1300AE | 2016 KTM 1190 Adventure R | 2001 Suzuki DRZ-400E
Son's Bike:2019 Honda CRF250L

I'm here to serve as an example of what NOT to do.